Perfect for a rainy day, when you’d rather snuggle up in your blanket, with a tea and heat pad and enjoy a good old episode of Friends on Netflix. This recipe is honestly simple, healthy, and good food for your heart.
- Hearty Chicken & Bean Soup
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 2 medium sized organic carrots, chopped
- 1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cups of organic, no salt, chicken stalk
- 1 1/4 cups of Bob’s Red Mill 13 bean soup mix
- 2 diced chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 15 pepper corns
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. franks red hot sauce
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- In a large sauce pan add coconut oil, on medium-high heat, and let it heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and carrots.
- Let the vegetables cook for around 5 minutes, till they get a nice golden looking colour.
- Once your vegetables are golden, add the diced chicken breast, and let that brown for only a couple minutes.
- Now add the pepper corns, garlic powder, bean mix and chicken to the sauce pan, apply lid, and let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Remove lid and add salt, hot sauce, and coconut milk. Let it simmer for another 30 minutes on low heat.
- Once you’ve waited patiently for another 30 minutes check to make sure the beans are nice and soft (they should be), and then remove pan from heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- After cooling you can add the chopped coriander and serve yourself up this damn good soup.
- It should serve 4 but if you’re like Andrew and I, it will serve 2. Damn us and our horse appetites.