02 Dec Coconut Courgette & Rose Muffins
Hey guys! Sorry I disappeared for so long, but life gets busy, and I am the type to prioritize, so you can only imagine what the better half and I have been working on! I hope you lot are excited to find out!
So while I was away (I didn’t go anywhere, I just sort of left my blog space in a back corner for me to focus on some other awesome stuff), I got up to some blending, raw baking, baking, cooking, stuffing, you know the usual. Although I was super busy I did manage to come up with these amazing muffins. Coconut, Chocolate, Courgettes and Roses all in one little cute bundle!? You betcha.
I made them to send them home to England with my boyfriend as he is leaving today, to go spend Christmas with his family – my 2nd little fam jam, and to bid farewell before he embarks on a two year journey here in Canada. Yay for Visas. I posted on my personal Instagram earlier that I’m a sacrifice lover, and that I’m super sad today, but I get over it so quickly, and knowing he gets to be with his friends and family makes me obscenely happy. So I let all the sadness go, and I just pray that while he is eating these muffins air born that he thinks of me and says to himself, “damnit, what am i gonna eat for two weeks without my babe cooking for me?” – or something like that anyway. I know his Grandmothers have him sorted, so I am super thankful for that, otherwise he would probably eat eggs and toast or alpine 24/7! Tell me, are all men the same, ha.
Anyway, I hope these muffins find a special place in your home, or accompany a loved one a Christmas journey or travels. Food to me is my life, its how I show my love. Through food I show Andrew all my heart, and I hope slowly but surely you can all begin to understand how you can too (but not to Andrew – lol, he’s mine).
So much love to you all of you, now lets get baking!Print
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 palm sugar
- 1/4 agave
- 1/2 cup unsweetned desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. raw coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 vegan dark chocolate chips (aka no dairy)
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 1/4 dry rose pedals
- Into a bowl add chia seeds, and water – let it sit for around 5-8 minutes
- Into a large bowl combine all the ingredients, but the peanut butter, almonds, and roses, stir gently until well combined
- Place baking cups into the muffins pan, and distribute the mixture evenly between all 12
- Stir in peanut butter (i used a tooth pick), and top with almonds and 1/2 the roses
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375F. Let them cool down in the muffin tray for about 45 minutes before eating!
- After cooked and set I topped them with more peanut butter, almonds and roses!
- They will last for 4-5 days in fridge, but trust me, you’ll need more before then!