Good Morning hunnies, as promised I have for you the recipe for this seriously delicious pasta bowl. I honestly went into this eyes closed, with no expectations. I wanted to use up my purple cauliflower, so I rummaged through my pantry and found Amaranth pasta and thought to myself… why not a chunky veg pasta bowl! I think my favourite part of cooking and experimenting in the kitchen is that it really souths my soul. As much as I don’t like talking about it I am really busy and on-the-go these days, so I really have no time for myself, ever. Cooking just really keeps my spirit alive, and it especially wakes my senses why it turns out so beautifully.
The ingredients are simple, the technique is classic, and the flavours are truly incredible. I really don’t think the combo of White Wine and Lemon get enough credit because it truly blew my socks off in this recipe. I especially enjoyed adding the nutritional yeast at the beginning when I roasted the head of cauliflower. It really takes on the rich taste of parmesan, and that in itself should be enough to give this super ingredient a try.
This recipe feeds two but it was so good I ate it all. I really do not know what is wrong with me lately but I cannot stop eating everything, ha. I think the crunch of the walnuts really kept me coming back for more because ever bite felt like a new experience. So creamy in a light way, and twirling those yummy strands of pasta on my fork really made me feel like I was being cheeky but my muscles knew exactly what was going on, I was fuelling. The meal kept me full longer, and super energized. If you’re going to try on of my recipes I really suggest you start here, you will not regret it!
Happy Friday everyone, I am not off to the Asian Market to find some beautiful fruits, and treats!
Love from your Greek Food Goddess XOXO
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- Cauliflower Marinade:
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of amaranth pasta
- For pasta pan:
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of coriander
- 1/4 cup green onion
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp white wine
- Preheat the oven to 375C.
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all the Marinade ingredients, stir well, then pour it over the cauliflower.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare boiling water for the pasta. Add a slash of olive oil, and make sure your water is well salted. Add the pasta (you can use any kind) and cook till al dente.
- So once your cauliflower has cooled to touch, start chopping the whole head into florets.
- Preheat a pan on high, and add EVOO, and your walnuts.
- After a few minutes of cooking your walnuts drop in your florets, and crisp for a few minutes. Then add your pasta.
- Stir well, and add your wine, lemon, coriander and green onion.
- Try not to over cook so thats the greens stay vibrant and beautiful.
- You can can to your dish with more nutritional yeast and a healthy sprinkling of fresh cracked black pepper.