Ok so by now we all know I am on a real Udon Noodle Bowl kick. It was inevitable that things were going to get weird, I just never knew when weird would happen in the Udon Noodle Bowl Kitchen. Safe to say earlier this week Italy met Japan, and The Pesto Udon Bowl was born. It was good. It was crunchy. And I liked it!
This dish did not take long to make, so really ideal is you are crunched for time, but still want to enjoy a really good plant based meal – insert perfect Meatless Monday option.
This dish is:
- Filled with Vitamins from Veg
- Hearty from the Yummy Udon Noodles
- Loads of Healthy fat from the EVOO + AVO
This recipe feeds two, so if you are planning or prepping for your family make sure you at least double of triple this one so you have left overs!
As always, if you try this recipe please let me know what you thought, I love hearing about your FoodByMaria recipe experiences!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- 1 packet of Udon noodles, cooked in a bowl of boiling water for around 7 minutes
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- Around 10 cherry tomatoes, some halved, some not
- 1 avocado, I would just slice them nicely, I do different for picture purposes
- 1/2 a cup of basil, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- 2 tbsp of your favourtie pesto
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- a few lime wedges
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil – Kouzini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- White Sesame seeds for crunch
- Into a bowl add your Udon noodles, and cover with boiling water, set aside for around 7 minutes.
- Spiralize your zucchini, and prepare your tomatoes, avocado, and basil. Set those aside.
- Once your Udon noodles are done, strain them well, and then add a dash of salt + pepper, 1 tbsp of pesto, and 1 tbsp of Olive Oil. Stir till well combined and set aside.
- Ok so the whole idea behind this salad is that you assemble it, make it nice and pretty, then toss it all together!
- I begin assembly this one by simply adding the noodles, zoodles, and veg. Then you can dust the dish with the beautiful and fragrant Nutritional Yeast. Coat the veg in some salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Top it with the sesame seeds, walnuts, the last tbsp of Olive oil + Pesto and finish it with fresh lime.
- It is that easy!