Did someone say Caramel and Coffee Ice Cream in the same sentence? Yep, I think someone did! And lucky for all of you the recipe is ready, and easy to follow!
I followed the base by my gorgeous friend Laura from Laura Miller’s Raw Vegan Not Gross new cookbook and it is seriously to die for! It is especially awesome because the recipe is gluten, and dairy free, sugar free, and plant based. So what does this mean for you? Well no bloats, no cramping, no sugar low and yes, you can go back for seconds!
For this recipe I used Big Mountain Coffee, and am I sure glad I did. I used the medium roast which I find very smooth, and easy to drink (but honestly what do I know, I am no coffee expert) which made this Ice Cream amazing!
There is truly something to be said about supporting local companies that provide amazing products, at a good price with high quality ingredients. I will certainly be using this coffee again in loads of my recipes. So wait, does this mean I will have even more energy after every meal!? I guess I will let you know but in the mean time let me quickly tell you about why this Ice Cream is so amazing.
Caramel Coffee Ice Cream is:
- Plant Based
- Dairy and Sugar Free
- Low Glycemic
- High in Healthy Fats
- Easy to make
- Supports local business
I know there are few people in this world that would really turn down ice cream. Am I right? So, make this delicious, healthy, and nutritious Ice Cream for yourself, and family. Trust me your kids will be blown away, and you might even surprise yourself.
Let us know if you try the recipe by leaving a comment below. We love your feedback!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- For the Ice Cream:
- 1 cup of cashews – soaked over night in water
- 2 cups of coconut meat
- 1 cup of strong brew coffee – make it so strong you could not drink it on its own, and make sure it is cooled. I used @bigmtncoffee
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar for sweetness (can use other options like agave, or honey if not a plant based eater)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil – melted
- For float:
- A cup of your favourite iced coffee- I used @bigmtncoffee medium roast
- Prepare your ice cream machine by placing the insert into the freezer for at least a day before making this ice cream.
- At around 24 hours you can begin the simple Ice Cream Process.
- Add all the ingredients for the ice cream but the coconut oil to a high speed blender, and blend till very smooth.
- Add your coconut oil, and blend for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove the mixture, and place into ice cream machine.
- Follow your ice cream machines instructions, and once it is done transfer it into an air tight container and store in the freezer.
- NOTE: if you do not have an ice cream machine just add the blended mixture into a bowl and place into freezer. Stir every 30 minutes for around 3 hours to get that silky smooth texture!
- You can enjoy as a float simply by pouring more coffee over it, or on its own!