Before we jump into the Smoothie part of this post I thought I would quickly touch on the importance of good quality ingredients, and how crucial it is that you read the labels carefully before purchasing!
My favourite panty ingredients to add to smoothie are hemp seeds, chia seeds, cacao, matcha, teas, and acai! Never be afraid to be creative, it is the only way you will learn!
This seven-ingredient Healthy Breakfast Smoothie is exactly what you need to get yourself back into that fit, and healthy routine. Since we all lead busy lives there is really no time left to fuss with breakfasts, but thanks to blenders, and smoothies we can now pack drinks full with proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants!
The Healthy Breakfast Smoothie contains a scoop of Vega One! Which has 20 grams of protein, 25% of your recommended daily intake of fibre, Omega 3s ALA, antioxidants and so much more. The Silk Unsweetened Almond milk contains no added sugar, as much calcium as dairy milk and plenty of vitamin D.
My Healthy Breakfast Smoothie is as simple as throwing in your ingredients, blending, and getting on with your life – THE HEALTHY WAY!
This Healthy Breakfast Smoothie is:
- high in fibre
- rich in flavour
- high in plant based protein
- high in omega 3’s, vitamin D and antioxidants
- good for you
I hope you all enjoy this simple, and delicious recipe as much as we did! As always let us know what you thought of this recipe by leaving a comment below!
Thanks Silk, and Vega for sponsoring this post. The opinions are simply honest, and my own!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- For the Banana Oat Smoothie
- 2 cups of Silk Unsweetened Almond
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Vegan (French Vanilla)
- 1 cup of oats
- For Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Add
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Cacao
- Add to 1/4 of the already blended mixture.
- Into a blender add Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk, Vegan, and the rest of the ingredients for the Smoothie into a high speed blender, and blend for 20 seconds.
- Transfer 3/4 of the mixture into a glass, and add peanut butter, and cacao to remaining smoothie, and blend.
- Add the rest of the smoothie to the glass, and use a straw to swirl!
- This is of course optional, and could simply just add all ingredients into blender, and blend.