Introducing The Chocolate Cashew Coffee! This beautiful plant based, sugar free, and dairy free idea stemmed from a friend of mine Sara, from (@shisodelicious)! This beautiful woman is genuinely one of the most amazing friends, and people in this “foodie” world I live in! She has always got something creative and stunning up her sleeve, but the best part.. she is never afraid to share, and teach her techniques. This is something that attracts me most about Sara. She is like my own little mentor, and always helping me to learn more about food, their flavours and even remedies to help me deal with my random tummy issues.
I used the amazing Costa Rica roast from Big Mountain Coffee in this drink and it certainly did the trick! Strong enough to take on the nutty and creamy cashews, but not overpowering. It paired perfectly with the cinnamon, and chocolatey cacao (or Nutella) – which I cannot wait to share with you!
To quickly jump off track the ebook I am creating is finished! We are just working on last minute edits, and photo placement! Hopefully by the end of the month we can have it in your hands just in time for Christmas!
I would totally suggest this drink as an added boost of nutrients, and energy to your day! Maybe not to be made everyday but certainly to be enjoyed on the weekends – perhaps at your kids hockey? – with a shot of baileys?
It is so delicious, and really kept me sipping for more!
This Chocolate Cashew Coffee is:
- filled with healthy fats
- low glyecemic
- energy boosting
- very wintery
- helps reduce sugar cravings
- sugar and dairy free
- and plant based!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did on this cozy Sunday in working my butt away! As always, if you try this recipe please leave us a comment below! We love your feedback!
Love From Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- 1/2 a cup of cashews, unsalted, not roasted, and soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of cacao, or a tsp of my Nutella (will be featured in my ebook)
- 3 cups of fresh brewed coffee (I used Big Mountain Coffee – Costa Rica)
- 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup, Agave, Rice Syrup, or Coconut Nectar
- Into a high speed blender add all the ingredients and blend till smooth.
- Make sure you cannot feel the texture of the cashews when you drink it, once the consistency is completely smooth you will know that your coffee is ready!
- Note: prep time of two hours is for the cashew soaking, otherwise this takes as long as it takes you to brew your fave cuppa coffee!