FoodByMaria teamed up with The Light Cellar Calgary to bring to your this warming and delicious Turmeric Elixir! The light Cellar are certainly not new to this whole elixir deal, as you can see by their amazing menu, and stunning ingredients!
But before I get into the Elixir too much since were on the topic of ingredients I feel obligated to tell you that The Light Cellar recently teamed up with SPUD YYC! Click here to see how you can get your hands on some of The Light Cellars Products! You ask yourself why? Well simply because they are delivered to your home, and fabulous! We all lead busy lives so the both of these amazing companies teaming up could not be more magical for this city!
Right, so back to this colourful beauty!
The Turmeric Elixir!
This drink is amazing for many reasons but most because it is:
- rich in calcium, magnesium, and zinc
- high in vitamin C + A
- very anti-inflammatory
- turmeric dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body
- good to relax muscles, and deal with soreness
- helps with nausea
- lower blood sugar levels
- not to mention all the amazing benefits from the beautiful mushroom, reishi
The star ingredient of this drink is of course the Turmeric! My favourite spice to cook with, and to enjoy a drink with! Simply add this Light Cellar Turmeric extract to any of your foods, or smoothies to notice great health benefits! Of course do you research before trying anything for the first time but I can assure you it will change the way you look at this superfood that so easily gets overlooked, and underrated in the spice rack!
I hope you all enjoy this beautiful and aromatic elixir as much as we did! This could not have come around at a better time because this drink is perfect for this time of year, enjoy!
Love From Your Greek Food Goddess
- 12 oz of reishi tea
- 1 tbsp Baobab
- 1/4 tsp of ginger
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric extract – from The Light Cellar Calgary
- 2 tsp sweet maple syrup or good quality honey
- 1 tsp of your favourite nut butter – I used cashew, or almond!
- 2 tbsp of goji berries
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add all your ingredients into a high speed blender, and blend for 1 minute.
- You want to blend it long enough so you can feel the texture of the berries on your tongue!