A close up shot of my coconut oil fried banana + cinnamon apple breakfast. It was amazing! I whipped this up in a jiffy as I had a really busy day yesterday and just wanted something sweet to quickly enjoy. This breakfast recipe works great as a snack (how I ate it yesterday) and can easily be doubled or tripled to please the whole family.
I used gluten free oats, no sugar or dairy. The sweetness comes from the banana and I added poms for that added crunch! This dish really reminds me of the beginning of the year.
My sister, Dena, lived in our flat at the beginning of the year and most mornings we would enjoy breakfast like this, talk about our goals and then go our separate ways to get on with our busy day. Needless to say this dish really symbolizes a calm place and a sense of relaxation – something I really need!
This Coconut Oil Fried Banana + Cinnamon Apple Breakfast is:
- plant based
- sugar and dairy free
- and wintery
I hope you all enjoy this simple recipe and if you are looking for more breakfast ideas check them out here!
Love From Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- for oats:
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- hot water
- for banana/apples:
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 banana, sliced in half length wise
- 1 tsp coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- few sprigs of mint
- 1 tbsp peanut butter – homemade or pressed
- 2 tbsp pomegranates
- dusting of chia seeds
- Optional: maple syrup
- Into a medium sized sauce pan add all your ingredients for your oats. Just cover ingredients with water and let it boil on low heat till cooked.
- In a pan add your coconut oil, let it heat then add your banana and apples. Cook down for around 5 minutes and flip your banana half way through. At the last minute add your cinnamon and let the flavours marry.
- Add your oats to a bowl and add your apples and banana.
- Top as you please and enjoy hot!
- That simple!