24 Jan Baked Spaghetti Squash with protein packed Marinara Sauce
How could you not like a vegetable that taste and resemble pasta? I know what you’re thinking, you can’t. I agree. There is really something to be said about getting in your carbs whilst eating such a beautiful and versatile vegetable. I mean how cool is it that I am using this gluten free veg as a bowl and adding loads of goodness to it to create a healthy, plant based and fast meal?
After pairing spaghetti squash with meatless meatballs I knew I would have to come up with another way to get loads of healthy vegetables and plant based protein into these beauties!
This dish is perfectly filling, very warming and wintery. It is perfect for getting into your plant based protein and vegetables. It may seem like a lot of food but I promise you will eat this dish and feel refreshed, energized and happy about your healthy food choices!
You are going to love this Spaghetti Squash because is it:
- filled with vegetables
- plant based protein loaded
- easy and simple to make/follow
- the sauce is great for meal prep and pasta dishes!
As always if you try this recipe please let us know. Leave us a comment below, we love hearing your experiences.
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut length wise
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- ¾ can of plum tomatoes
- ¾ - 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup of fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp chili infused olive oil
- can of red kidney beans
- Added: Cashew Chevre by Nathalie Sader
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut your squash length wise and place onto a pan or baking sheet lined with parchment paper/rubbed with 1 tbsp EVOO. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- In the mean time place all the ingredients for your marinara sauce into a high speed blender and pulse till smooth and creamy like texture.
- Transfer your marina sauce into a pan or pot. Bring mixture to a boil, add your can of beans and simmer on low heat for around 20 minutes. Make sure to stir to avoid sticking.
- Once your squash is cooked remove from oven, use a fork to create the spaghetti from the squash and stuff with your amazing sauce!
- Serve with fresh herbs and plant based cheese (plant based is optional).