I don’t know about you but I am craving soup all the time recently. How about you? Is it freezing where you live because today it was -40 with the windchill!!!
This healthy, simple and classic Leek + Potato soup was exactly what I needed to keep warm. It was perfect next to the fire place while I did my work and finalized some other recipes!
This Leek + Potato Soup was massively inspired by my boyfriend and another British man, Jamie Oliver.
The Leek + Potato Soup recipe all together takes 40 minutes, don’t know about you but making this recipe is basically a no-brainer! Not to mention that it is super easy to follow, delicious and very good for you.
If you are looking for more soup recipes I suggest to check out my Simple Carrot Soup, Vegetable Orzo Soup or my all time favourite The Detox Kale + Cauliflower Soup.
This soup is perfect for an evening at home with your family. It is so comforting and delicious, the perfect healthy meal that does not take hours to make. I suggest you make double the recipe to have extra for another cool night where you simple want to sit by the fire and relax.
You are going to love this Leek + Potato Soup because it is:
- plant based
- quick + easy
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Do not forget to leave a comment below if you try our recipe, we love hearing your feedback!
Love from your Greek Food Goddess
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 2 large leek stalks, washed and chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1.5 lbs. white baby potatoes, halved
- 900ml vegetable stock, unsalted – good quality if you can
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 4 cups coconut milk
- garnish with more fresh oregano and sliced limes
- Into a large pot add your leeks, onion and celery. Cook them on medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until golden.
- Add your potatoes and stir the ingredients till well combined. Cook for another 10 minutes, on medium heat.
- Increase your heat to high, add your stock and seasoning.
- Bring your mixture to a boil then simmer for around 15-20 minutes or until your potatoes are perfectly soft. I always use the fork test to make sure!
- Add your coconut milk and stir. Cook for another minute before turning off the heat and transferring 75% of the mixture into your high speed blender.
- Blend till smooth but still texture. Combine your chunky and smooth soup back in the pot and stir.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and hints of citrus!