Hands down the most delicious Vegan Meat Balls I have ever made! They are packed with flavour and have so much character! I had a friend of mine round yesterday and I asked her to try them and she said they were the bomb! You know what they best part is? They are GLUTEN FREE, good for you, and super easy to make (minus a few extra dirty dishes).
I incorporated a really creative and amazing ingredient into these bad boys, Harvest Snaps! Can you believe that the crust on those gorgeous meat balls is actually made of Lentils!
Harvest Snaps are delicious. They have so much unique flavour and crunch, you seriously cannot stop yourself from eating the whole bag (but they are guilt free) and still feel like a powerhouse ninja when they are gone.
I already mentioned that they are gluten-free, healthy, made using natural food and delicious right?
You’re going to love these Meatless Meat Balls because they are:
- gluten free
- made using organic food
- great meal plan option (especially, vegetarian meal plan)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! As always if you try the recipe please leave us a comment below, we love your feedback!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- To prepare TVP:
- 1 cup dry TVP
- 3/4 cup boiled water
- enough pasta for your family – this recipe makes 12 meat balls (feeds 2-3)
- marinara or homemade sauce of choice
- To prepare the Meatballs:
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 white onions, medium, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh pepper
- 3/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 heaped tsp tomato paste
- 2 cups prepared TVP
- 2 cups Navy Beans – strained and drained
- 1 flax egg (3 tbsp warm water and 1 tbsp ground flax) or 1 egg
- 1 bag Tomato Basil Harvest Snaps – crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Into a medium sized bowl add your TVP and hot water. Let it set for a few minutes and give it an occasional stir.
- Into a large sauce pan add your EVOO and onions. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat or until golden.
- In the mean time put your Harvest Snaps into a food process and blitz only a few times! Place crumbles into a bowl.
- Give your onions a good stir and now add your herbs and seasoning, gently stir.
- Now add your prepared TVP and Navy Beans. Cook this mixture down on low heart for around 15-20 minutes. Use a spoon to press down the ingredients.
- Transfer your mixture into the food processor and process till smooth.
- Transfer back to your bowl, add your flax egg (or egg) and half of your Harvest Snaps crumbles. Stir till well combined.
- Begin forming little meat balls and rolling them in the rest of the Harvest Snaps Crumbles.
- Transfer balls to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until beautiful golden with a crunchy outside!
- Enjoy with your favourite pasta and sauce!