Tis the season to be jolly, with these bars, la la la la! Oh man, where do I start. First off, this isn’t another one of my vegetable recipes, so thank me later. Although it has no vegetables, apart from pumpkin, it is the perfect plant based diet recipe to add to your list. I used organic +natural foods and a special little ingredient too, Genuine Health’s fermented organic gut superfoods+ Orange Ginger.
This recipe is super creamy, vegan, easy to make and perfect for the holidays! Your family members won’t even know it’s good for them!
So not only are these bars really tasty they are also VERY good for you! They contain loads of protein from the nuts, antioxidants from the mango + pumpkin and loads of fibre from the Genuine Health Powder!
Prebiotics help to improve gut health by:
✓ Encouraging the growth of gut bacteria
✓ Improving digestion
✓ Enhancing mineral absorption
How bad can that be?
If you’re anything like me then you eat your treats immediately. So here’s my tip. Freeze these bad boys and try your damn hardest to forget they are there until your family members come over. Make them in large batches, they are so easy to make so this is a really simple process.
You can make different variations depending on what you and your family like but if you’re a chocolate fan then I suggest subbing out the pumpkin/mango for cacao + avocado! Don’t be afraid to experiment, there are so many ways to create beautiful food, it all starts with your imagination! Just follow these ratios and have at it, babes!!
You’re going to love these Bars because they are:
- easy to make
- fuss free and leave you with a clean kitchen
- a great addition to your plant based recipe diet
- make with organic foods
- perfect example of how natural foods can turn to magical desserts
I enjoy mine all the time but I highly recommend them at your next Christmas Party!
What is your favourite dessert to bring to pot lucks or make for Christmas?
Love from your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- For the Nougat Base:
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, raw
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- For the Pumpkin Layer:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 3.4 cup cashews, raw
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Genuine Health Fermented Organic Gut Superfoods+ Orange Ginger
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment and set aside.
- Into a high-speed blender add all your ingredients for the nougat base. Blend this for around 2-3 minutes or until completely smooth and silky. It’s worth it, trust me. Once your mixture is ready transfer it to your baking tin and flatten out till even. This is a bit of a sticky process but I added a spray of coconut oil to my spatula and it made the process a bit easier. Place in the freezer while you make the caramel.
- Now let’s make that pumpkin filling topping. This is nice and simple, once again, just add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend till completely smooth. Stay patient and blend for around 2 minutes so you achieve that really silky effect when eating these bad boys. Transfer this mixture onto the nougat base and spread until flat and beautiful.
- Add your almonds and coconut sugar.
- Lightly cover with parchment and set in freezer for around 4 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve. I like to let them thaw for around 5 minutes before eating!
- Store in freezer for up to 1 week.
Pin the below photo to save this recipe for later!