25 Mar One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Vegan Blondies
Spring is here and we are celebrating with this super easy, one bowl chocolate chunk vegan blondies! Don’t let the golden delicious color fool you, these vegan blondies are all the gooey, crunchy, chocolatey goodness you want from a brownie but in a lighter spring version. They are so quick and easy to make they only take one bowl, a few ingredients, and 30 minutes–leaving you plenty of time to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather!
Almond Meal vs Flour
For this recipe, I’ve called for all-purpose flour and almond meal to give the blondies a lighter texture, but feel free to mix up whatever flour you like. This recipe is very forgiving and you’ll get a lighter or denser blondie depending on your flour preference. I’ve also included almond meal, not to be confused with almond flour. What is the difference? Let me break it down for you:
- Both come from almonds; however, almond flour is made from blanched white almonds (no skin) and almond meal is made from the entire almond.
- Almond meal is more course than the flour version and has dark pieces in it from the almond skin.
- The meal can be a great gluten-free substitute for bread crumbs.
- You can easily make almond meal at home by just blending up whole almonds.
Since these blondies don’t skimp on the sweeter ingredients (see: brown sugar and maple syrup YUM) it’s important to use quality dark chocolate to balance the flavors– keyword here is balance! I know most of my recipes are veggie filled, but it is so important to enjoy all types of food. For the dark chocolate chunks I used Hu Dark Chocolate, it is honestly one of my favorite brands because their chocolate is vegan, dairy free AND free from refined sugars! You can honestly taste the difference. Quality dishes start from quality ingredients, so if you are indulging in a sweet treat or mixing up a bomb salad be conscious of what ingredients you are using.
Spring Dinner Party Pleaser
I am very confident this one bowl chocolate chunk vegan blondie will be an instant crowd pleaser. Making food for people gives me life, and whether I am hosting or attending I love having a little Food By Maria dish to share. This is a great recipe to whip up and bake while you get ready, and with your extra time you could even make a quick stop to pick up some fresh flowers to create your own Instagram worthy moment.
If you’re on dessert duty for your next family or friend gathering you definitely have to try out these vegan blondies. For more sweet treats that are perfect for sharing check these recipes out:
- Vegan Cashew Chocolate Mousse Cake
- One Bowl White + Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Olive Oil Bundt Cake
Check out the recipe below and don’t forget to let me know what you think over at @foodbymaria and below in the comments! Tag #foodbymaria and #fearnotfoodisyourfriend so I can see all m,your beautiful recreations.Print
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 120g chocolate chunks – I used Hu Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 flax egg – optional
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk + 1/4 cup for mixing
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment and light grease with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Prepare your flax egg by combining 1 tbsp. of ground flax with 3 tbsp. warm water. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Into a bowl add all your ingredients and stir till well combined. Add more milk if you notice the batter is too thick but 3/4 cup worked perfectly for me.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy hot with vanilla ice cream or whip cream!