- 2 packets Good Catch Foods Vegan Tuna
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 3 tbsp. lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- season to taste with salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. jalapeños, soaked in brine, squeezed and cut finely
- 1 tbsp. jalapeños brine juice
- 3 tbsp. capers, soaked in brine, squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 3 tbsp. dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 6 pieces marble rye bread
- 6 slices vegan cheese of choice
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
For the Tuna:
Into a large bowl combine all you ingredients, stir lightly and set into the fridge overnight. Cover with wax paper.
For the Tuna Melt:
Generously butter both sides of your rye bread. Place two pieces onto a hot skillet and cook on medium heat for around 1 minute or until golden. Flip the bread and scoop 3-4 large tbsp. of your tuna mixture on one side of the bread. Place your vegan cheese on top and cover with the other side of bread. Using a spatula lightly place pressure onto the sandwich. Cook for around 2 minutes then flip and repeat kill cheese is melty and they sandwich has flattened and remains in position.
To serve, cut in half and enjoy with chips, salad or on it’s own. This melt is going to change your life, it’s so damn good!
Tuna mixture lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge in a tight sealed container.