- For the Ice Cream:
- 1 cup of cashews – soaked over night in water
- 2 cups of coconut meat
- 1 cup of strong brew coffee – make it so strong you could not drink it on its own, and make sure it is cooled. I used @bigmtncoffee
- 1/2 cup of coconut nectar for sweetness (can use other options like agave, or honey if not a plant based eater)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil – melted
- For float:
- A cup of your favourite iced coffee- I used @bigmtncoffee medium roast
- Prepare your ice cream machine by placing the insert into the freezer for at least a day before making this ice cream.
- At around 24 hours you can begin the simple Ice Cream Process.
- Add all the ingredients for the ice cream but the coconut oil to a high speed blender, and blend till very smooth.
- Add your coconut oil, and blend for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove the mixture, and place into ice cream machine.
- Follow your ice cream machines instructions, and once it is done transfer it into an air tight container and store in the freezer.
- NOTE: if you do not have an ice cream machine just add the blended mixture into a bowl and place into freezer. Stir every 30 minutes for around 3 hours to get that silky smooth texture!
- You can enjoy as a float simply by pouring more coffee over it, or on its own!