Smoothies & Drinks
Carrot Ginger Juice Without “The Juicer” (under 10 minutes)
Feeling tired, a little low, and under the weather? We all hear ya. Whether it’s self inflicted “sickness” – aka ya’ll got way to much of that clear and bubbly goodness into ya over the Stampede – or just straight up exhaustion from the hustle of life, this recipe is for you. This Carrot Ginger Juice will sort out that week-long hangover, reenergize that “summer bod,” and keep you fuelled and ready to do it all over again this weekend.
I know juicing has been a trend for awhile, but I also understand that not all of us have time to juice, clean the juicer, and then store it all away until the next time. And we’ve all been there – where we think about juicing, but realize all the effort we’d have to put in and then our laziness kicks into overdrive. So as a solution, I came up with a juice that is juicer-free.
Here’s your queue to jump in joy, and thank me people. Because now, you can spend more time in the sun, and less time inside cleaning up your juicing concoction – you’re welcome.
All you need for this recipe is:
- a blender (pretty strong)
- a nut milk bag, or cheese cloth (a mens large handkerchief or an old fine T-shirt works good too)
- Two cups of filtered, cold water
- Three large carrots, cut into 5-inch pieces
- One granny smith apple, quartered
- Two-by-two inch cube of ginger
- A few sprigs of mint
- A few sprigs of basil
- Add ingredients into the blender (in order of recipe)
- Blend for around one minute – starting on low, then switch to high
- Strain your blended “juice” through the nut milk bag and squeeze it out using your hands until you are left with pulp (you can save this pulp, and add it to your favourite smoothies #winning)
- Store your fresh juice in a tight sealed container in the fridge.
It’s best to drink this bad boy ASAP – but it will last a few days in the fridge.
Not only is this a super simple recipe that’s easy to follow, but it’s also wicked healthy for you too. With all of us so focused on the daily grind, I reckon the juicer-less juice will serve us well, as we’ll no longer have to sacrifice convenience for nutrition.
Step back juicer, you met your maker – and he comes with a Nut Milk Bag.
Love From Your Greek Food Goddess XOX