Community

Food By Maria About Me Hey everyone, if you’re new to my blog, welcome.. I am so happy to have you here, and thankful you’ve taken time to stop by for a visit! As you read in the title I am turning 27 shortly, and am asking for your help and generosity to make this birthday the best birthday yet!
Food By Maria About Me Hey everyone, if you're new to my blog, welcome.. I am so happy to have you here, and thankful you've taken time to stop by for a visit! As you read in the title I am turning 27 shortly, and am asking for your help and generosity to make this birthday the best birthday yet! I don't celebrate birthdays like most people traditionally do.  I was raised in a Greek family, and the celebrations sort of stopped after I was around ten or so.  I mean, we still had birthday parties with kids from school and stuff, but I could guarantee you I wasn't getting something from my parents unless I asked, or begged - I never understand at the time. Growing up my Father and Mother would always say to me "Why do you need something for your birthday when you have everything you could ever possibly need everyday of your life?!" They would also say things like "Hunnie,  if you need something ask me. I will get it for you now, not for your birthday... thats why it is called need".  My parents never, and I mean never got me things that i wanted, that was up to me but if I needed something... they were there in a second to support me and find a way for me to get what I need.

AlexFundraiser_poster_v3

On December 21, his 15th birthday, Alex, a member of our Greek community was dealt the challenge of a lifetime. A day tobogganing with friends ended tragically when he struck a light pole, leaving him paralyzed. His struggles ahead are great. Wheelchairs, accommodative home renovations, and a wheelchair accessible vehicle are all now necessities that we are hoping to help provide, so that the family’s time and energy can be better spent focusing on Alex’s recuperation. To learn more about his journey, read Alex’s blog here https://alexsjourneyblog.wordpress.com

IMG_9221

{everyday we eat to feed, or to fight disease}

Hey guys, so I have had a couple of requests from a few people asking me to talk about what I buy at the grocery store and market.  This post is going to seem long, but I swear this list is the simplest way for me to show all of you what I eat, and how I purposefully set up my grocery trips.