My spiralizer has completely changed the way we do dinner in our household. It is just so simple to whiz a few courgettes up, and whip up a lovely sauce to pair it with. I hope you all enjoy this very unique, yet delicious recipe!
Creamy Almond and Cashew Sauce in Zoodles
Creamy Almond and Cashew Sauce:
- 1/2 cup almonds soaked in water for 3 hours
- 1/3 cup of cashew soaked in water for 3 hours - you can soak both for longer but 3 hours will be fine!
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil
- 1 cup of sautéed mushrooms
- 1 sautéed tomato
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli pepper
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- Into a food processor combine all the ingredients for the sauce
- Pulse, then process till creamy and smooth - add more coconut milk if you find that you mixture is a bit too grainy
- In a sauce pan on medium heat add EVOO for the Zoodles
- Add the Zoodles and let them sauté for around 5 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to the Zoodles
- Now add the sauce mixture and simmer for another 5-7 minutes on low heat till the zoodles and sauce begin to bubble and look creamy and delicious
- This can be enjoyed alone, or as a side! I guarantee you will love this one!