This low GI breakfast bowl recipe takes no time at all to make and is the perfect way to kick-off your day on a healthy note.
- 1 1/4 cups raw oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- NOTE: I added half a passion fruit to this one
- Boil a few cups of water with your kettle. I think I typically need around 2 cups of water for one breakfast, so double or triple as you need.
- Add all the ingredients for the oats into a pot, and then cover with boiling water, and let it cook for a few minutes on low heat.
- In the mean time mash one banana in the base of you breakfast bowl.
- Once your oats are done add your oats to the bowl, then begin adding your toppings.
- NOTE: make sure you cook on low heat to avoid burning/sticking. Make sure you at least cover the “oat mixture” with water, any less will leave you with lumpy oats. Not so fun, trust me I know!