- 1 cup of organic cooked quinoa
- 3 organic strawberries
- 1 bunch of organic cooked asparagus
- Juice of 1/2 organic lemon
- Chopped 1/2 of an organic lemon for garnish
- A variety of seeds and nuts (I used sesame, flax, pumpkin, and cashews)
- 20 stems of organic local pea shoots
- For the Quinoa:
- Bring two cups of water to a boil. Add one cup organic quinoa. Cook for 20 minutes, till fluffy and till all the water has been absorbed. Make sure to stir the quinoa with a FORK (this prevents clumps)! Now add 1 tbsp. EVOO, and pinch of salt to season, let it cook before assembling salad.
- Add 1 tsp. of EVOO to a preheated saucepan, and add cleaned, and stem removed asparagus. Sprinkle on some pepper corns, lemon zest and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Create and assemble a beautiful salad of your choice using all the ingredients for you and a friend. This salad has no dressing needed, and you better believe it!