This easy plant based pasta recipe can be whipped up for a quick dinner or meal prep. It’s loaded with protein, and the goodness of veggies.
- enough fettuccine or pasta to feed your family – this sauce is for 4 servings
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, cubed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 3 tomatoes, ripe, quartered
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 jar of your favourite tomato sauce (I used organic vegetable sauce) – no added salt
- 1 can of lentils, strained and washed
- garnish with chives
- enjoy with nutritional yeast
- Into a large sauce pan add your EVOO, onions, celery and carrots. Let them cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally to avoid burning .
- Add your tomatoes, spices, and mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes on low.
- Now add your sauce, and your lentils. Let this simmer for 20 minutes. Stir and keep an eye on it. You will know your pasta is ready when the fresh tomatoes are easily crushed with your mixing spoon.
- Cook your pasta as instructed and enjoy warm or cold!
- I garnished with chives but anything green, flavourful and colourful works! Make sure to add nutritional yeast!
- Note: add more seasoning to taste, depends on what you like, I am a slight salt addict! (our secret)