Raw Vegan PB & Walnut Fudge Bites
Hello again from London! I realized last night after I posted about my 7 suggestions for better digestion that some of you may not understand my humour, or my not-give-a-big-shit about what most humans think about me comedic lifestyle….but I truly hope
that some of you got something from that post…..I would be seriously bummed up if you didn’t. Wait I mean bummed out, ha.
Anyway, yesterday Andrew and I decided to stay in and do some bits around the house, and I would work a bit on some recipes and blog posts… so I came up with these beauties.
I thought to myself lets throw in some of this and some of that into a food processor and voila… they’ll be done. Ya…. that was until the food processor crapped out on me (I swear ill stop with these jokes eventually) and I ended up having to use my hands to chop, and combine all these amazing ingredients. The bites have some quality arm grease in them, and I can genuinely say the rings had to come off for the making of these little guys. This is why you can see so many of the bits of dates, walnuts and maybe even some coconut oil. So when making these it is up to you whether or not you want to completely pulse everything or just go for a more rustic and edgy look.
Here is the seriously simple recipe and I really hope you enjoy! Happy
Raw Vegan Peanut Butter & Walnut Cacao Fudge Bites
- 1 cup of pitted dates soaked for 20 minutes in warm water
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup smooth organic peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts save half
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- Line an 8x8 tin with parchment, but you can use whatever ever kind of tin you like! This is just what I have around the house.
- Into a food processor add the dates, and blitzed till the mixture sticks together and the food processor will no longer "blend".
- Add the remainder of the ingredients (save half of the walnuts), and pulse till smooth, and creamy!
- Stir in the remaining walnuts with your hands as the mixture is quite thick at this point.
- Now dollop the mixture into the pan, and pat down with your hands till flat.
- Cool in fridge for at least an hour, and cut into squares and serve with yummy fresh berries and aside a hot tea to ease out the luscious chocolate!