This vegan ice cream cake recipe is so rich and delicious, all while being dairy-free. It’s seriously the best vegan ice cream cake you’ll taste!
- 1 cup dates – soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Top Layers:
- Base of the layers:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 2 cups coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- dash of salt
- dash of vanilla
- Chocolate Layer:
- 3 tbsp Cacao
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips – melted with 1 tbsp coconut milk
- Over night prep for Ice Cream:
- Put your Ice Cream Maker Insert into the freezer overnight.
- Next Day:
- Set aside an 8×8 baking tray, and line it with parchment paper.
- The Base:
- Into a food processor add your dates, and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Add the rest of your ingredients into your food processor. Blend for 10 seconds, or until your mixture ends up in one big lump in the processor.
- Transfer your base from the processor into your 8×8 tray, and pat down evenly. Put in the freezer to set!
- Ice Cream – the base of the mixture:
- Into a blender add your cashews, macadamia nuts, coconut meat, coconut water, coconut nectar, salt and vanilla. Blend till smooth.
- Add the coconut oil, and blend till smooth.
- Plug in your ice cream maker and let it work for around 20 minutes, or until firm and ready!
- If you do not have an ice cream maker then put your mixture into a bowl, and put into the freezer. Stir every 30 minute for around 3-4 hours before it is ready!
- Once your Ice Cream is ready split it into two different bowls. Into one bowl add your Cacao, and Chocolate.
- Put one of these flavours on top of the Base layer, and then freeze for around 10 minutes.
- Put your other flavour into the freezer until it is time to add your last layer.
- Once 10 minutes has passed you can add your last layer, and let it sit in the freezer for at least two hours before serving!
- You can serve up as a cake, as bars, or as squares! The possibilities are endless.
- I would like to thank @imlauramiller for Ice Cream Base Inspiration, you are truly an amazing woman!
- Note: 3-4 hours of cook time are inactive hours