30 Jul Herb and Garlic Infused Olive Oil Pods (5 minutes)
Are you tired of all your fresh, gorgeous herbs always going to waste? Well, I was – not to mention the fact that I am notorious for killing plants and herbs because 1) its too hot in my house and I can’t keep up with watering 2) I just kill them, I don’t mean to but I am no green thumb. Anyway, enough about me and more about these gorgeous, clever and time saving Olive Oil Pods!
They’re the perfect way to quickly add flavour to all your vegan vegetable recipes and vegetarian recipes! You can jazz them up in class by ensuring you use natural and organic foods (herbs in this case) to make sure you’re getting the best quality into each dish.
I really enjoy using these pods in my large meal preparation, soups and stews. Yesterday I made a delicious Potato Soup for Andrew using one and man was it ever incredible. He even said he could tell there was more herby flavour (I don’t usually use fresh herbs in my cooking because I get annoyed with all the stems).
Another reason I love these is because I currently have so much good quality olive oil in my house and I want to be able to use it at any chance I can! Kalikori Olive Oil is handcrafted, straight from Greece and extremely good quality. It makes such a huge different in taste in my salads and fresh meals!
You’re going to love these Olive Oil Pods because they are:
- extremely easy and quick to prepare
- helpful and aid in less waist!
- vegan and perfect for all your vegetable and vegeterian recipes
- made using natural food
- a great addition to all your plant based diet recipes
- perfect for all you busy mamas and hustlers 😉
Lastly, HOW TO USE: pop out of ice cub mould, add to hot pan or pot, allow to melt and begin adding your veggies to caramelize and take on the gorgeous flavour on these brilliant pods!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! As always if you try the recipe please leave us a comment below, tag #fearnotfoodisyourfriend so we can find your remakes! Thank you stopping by!
Love from Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- ice cube mould - I recommend using silicon moulds but not necessary!
- Olive Oil
- fresh garlic
- fresh basil
- fresh thyme
- fresh oregano
- fresh dill
- onion granules
- Into individual ice cub pods begin by adding your herbs and seasoning. NOTE: I used a 1:3 herb to olive oil ratio. You can add as little or as much as you'd like, this really depends on your palette and how much herbs, spices and oil your dishes usually consist of. I am Greek, so naturally each dish usually requires a lot of olive oil but damn does it ever make it taste good!
- After you've added your herbs and seasonings simply cover with olive oil and carefully place into freezer to set. I recommend waiting over night before using in your meal plans, soups and stews!
- So easy, so good and so fast! You can thank me later.