30 Minute Meals
Easy Vegan White Bean Chili
Oh, baby! There is nothing like a warm bowl of homemade chili in the wintertime. Am I right? This Vegan White Bean Chili is a yummy twist to the classic dish that we’ve all grown up on in the colder weather. One of the best parts about chili is that it can easily be personalized to include your favourite ingredients. It’s also incredibly cheap to pull this easy meal together, yet still healthy. It also doesn’t need meat to impress people.
Make this for your next pot luck, or for meal prep, your whole family, even the picky eaters, will eat this up and not even question what you’ve thrown into it! This recipe is creamy but dairy-free, and super easy to make. What more could you ask for?
Why you’ll love this Vegan White Bean Chili recipe:
This Vegan White Bean Chili is so many things all in one bowl, but here are just some of the reasons I think you’re going to love it:
- It’s incredibly easy to make
- It’s dairy-free and vegan
- It’s so comforting and warming for a cold winter day
- It is loaded with nutritious ingredients
- The beans fill you up with the added protein
- It’s an incredibly hands-off recipe, throw all those ingredients in and let it simmer
How do you make Vegan White Bean Chili?
As I said, this recipe doesn’t get much easier. What you’ll want to start with is, of course, chopping your veggies and getting all your ingredients prepped because you stew down the garlic and onions in the olive oil in your pot. This will really help absorb all the yummy flavour from the garlic and onions before you add in all the other ingredients.
Next, you’ll want to throw in all your herbs and spices, along with vegetable broth, coconut aminos, and basically all your yummy ingredients will be thrown in here. Yep, it’s really that simple. There’s no particular order here because it’ll all cook down together to formulate a flavourful chili. Let everything come to a boil before you turn the heat down to simmer and let it simmer for a while to get all those flavours marinated together.
The best part of this recipe is really adding your favourite toppings to it. Cut up some fresh jalapenos if you like a kick, tortilla chips, sour cream, vegan cheese, fresh red onions, fresh herbs, and/or some lime slices to squeeze over top.
What’s great about this part of the recipe is that you can really get the whole family involved in making their chili their own. Kids will love this part!
Other hearty recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Vegan Ramen Recipe
- Chipotle Vegan Corn Chowder
- Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Gnocchi
- Vegetable Soup with Vegan Dumplings
- Bean & Lentil Chili
What are your fav types of chili? Share below in the comments!
Easy Vegan White Bean Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized white onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- dash of red chili flakes
- 1 tsp. vegetable stock paste
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 400 ml can of white kidney beans
- 1 400 ml can of roma beans
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 heaped tbsp. white miso
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- handful oof nacho chips
- 1 avocado cubed or sliced
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- Into a large pot add the olive oil and heat on medium heat for 30 seconds before adding the onion. Cook it down for 8-10 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning.
- To the pot, add the garlic, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, cayenne and red chili flakes. Stir till the onions are fully coasted with spices and reduce heat to low.
- To the pot, add the vegetable stock paste, nutritional yeast, coconut aminos and beans. Stir till well combine, increase heat to high and add the water. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the beans are extremely buttery. Once the beans are perfect, finish the soup by adding the corn and miso. Cook for 5 minutes or until the temperature of the soup is bake to an even simmer.
- Serve hot with all the gorgeous toppings listed above.