This creamy, homemade, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip is to die for! Seriously though. It’s so good! This dip will take you less than an hour to make, and is so versatile. You can use it with veggies, crackers, a spread, or even on pasta. I love making this up for an easy snack to have in the fridge for the week.
Why you’ll love this spinach and artichoke dip:
- Quick Prep: The prep for this is only 15-minutes. Yep, that’s it! It’s seriously so easy to whip up, then throw it in the oven to bake
- Tasty: This dip combines seasoning alongside cheeses, artichokes, and spinach. It’s really flavorful and can add a little “something something” to your snacks/meals
- Versatile: Like I said, this is great on just about anything. Veggies, pasta, on top of or in meat… the list goes on
Cheese: If you’re vegan, swap out the cheese with your fav vegan substitutes. You can also try this recipe with different types of cheeses for unique flavor combinations.
Seasoning: I used onion powder, garlic powder, fresh garlic, and salt and pepper. However, you could get creative here and use little, more, or none of these, you can swap them out, or use fresh herbs for a different spin.
Spinach: Spinach is so good for you!! It can decrease stress, improve your eye health, prevent you from serious diseases, and has a ton of vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, magnesium, and iron!
Artichokes: Of course just use the canned ones at the grocery store, not fresh. You can also omit this and mix in something else like olives or sundried tomatoes instead.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
How do I make this recipe vegan? To make vegan, replace mozzarella, parmesan cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese with your favorite dairy + egg-free substitutes. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast along with these substitutions, and additional seasonings to taste.
What do I serve this with? Serve with toasted pita bread, sourdough, tortilla chips, or veggies.
Storage: Store in the fridge in a tightly sealed container for 4 – 5 days. Reheat to serve or enjoy chilled.
Other recipes you’ll love:
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 350F and set aside a 9-inch cast iron pan or a 9x13 in casserole dish.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, wilt the spinach while constantly mixing to prevent burning. Once completely wilted, transfer to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drain the artichokes, and chop them into small pieces. Set aside in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, minced garlic, and spices. Using a hand mixer or whisk, whip ingredients together until smooth.
- Add the parmesan cheese & the first amount of mozzarella. Mix until combined.
- Drain off excess water from the spinach and add to the bowl along with the artichokes. Fold into the cheese mixture with a spoon or spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to the cast iron or casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Coat the top with the second amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Serve immediately.