This easy crispy chickpeas recipe is paired with whipped yogurt and delicious (healthier-for-you) rice. This recipe makes for a quick lunch, or meal, and is full of flavor thanks to the spices.
Why you’ll love these crispy chickpeas:
Quick: Make them in only 45-minutes
Delicious: I’ve used a lot of delicious spices to really make these chickpeas taste like a savory candy
Versatile: Throw these chickpeas on salads or eat them as a snack
Chickpeas: Chickpeas are so easy to add into your diet and are a great source of fiber, calcium, magnesium, and other essential nutrients.
Rice: For this recipe, I used RightRice’s Cilantro Lime rice. This rice is packed with the power of nutritious vegetables (unlike regular rice). It has lentils, chickpeas, and green peas, and each serving has over 2x the protein, and 5x the fiber. It also has fewer carbs than rice and it’s a complete protein!! I love this easy (and healthier) swap to regular rice for recipes.
How to make crispy chickpeas:
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To a large bowl, combine the chickpea ingredients and stir well until every chickpea is well coated.
3. While the chickpeas cook, prepare the RightRice as per package instructions.
4. To make the whipped yogurt, add all of the ingredients to a deep bowl, and stir until well combined.
5. Once the chickpeas are cooked and ready, you can begin portioning the RightRice into bowls (serves 2), then add the whipped yoghurt, chickpeas, and any additional toppings as desired.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
How do I make this dairy-free? Swap the yogurt with your favorite dairy-free substitute.
Can I serve this at a potluck? This dish is great to make in larger quantity on a platter- serve it family style at a potluck! It’ll be a huge hit!
Get creative with herbs & spices: Add any extra herbs and spices you wish to the crispy chickpeas! Extra deliciousness!
Storage: Store this ingredients of this rice dish separately in airtight containers in the fridge for 3 – 5 days, and combine when ready to eat! YUM!
Airfry: You can airfry these chickpeas really easily!
If you want more Greek Recipes, check out our Free Greek Recipe Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check it out here.
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.