Salads and Greens
Simple Homemade Greek Salad
You know this girl loves her Greek food and this Simple Homemade Greek Salad is an authentic, delicious salad made like a Greek salad right from your ancestor’s village… okay but, with a FoodByMaria twist of course.
This salad is loaded with all those fresh veggies you love, topped with a snap from the Quick Pickled Onions, and a creamy, lemon dressing. I promise you’ll love it.
Why you’ll love this Simple Homemade Greek Salad:
- Loaded with fresh veggies
- Tastes authentic and delicious
- Topped with Quick Pickled Onions for more flavor
- Can be made with 10 simple ingredients
- Made in under 15 minutes
How do you make this Simple Greek Salad?
This vegan recipe doesn’t get much easier than this. You’ll want to do the following to whip up this masterpiece:
Make the dressing
To make this dressing, it’ll only take you about 5 minutes and you can store it to use for future salads. This homemade dressing really will make this salad. Don’t take the lazy way out and go buy store-bought Greek dressing. It is not authentic, and less healthy for you. Plus, this dressing is so easy you have no excuse. All you do is:
- To a medium-sized mason jar add all the ingredients and shake till well combined
- Use immediately and store it in the fridge for at least 10 days
Make the Quick Pickled Onions
These onions really take the salad to the next level and are so much better (in my opinion) than just using raw, simple red onions. Don’t get turned off by the word “pickled” because these don’t take that long to whip together and you won’t be waiting months for them to set in their jars. All you do is:
- Combine all your ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and gently stir
- Let the ingredients sit for at least 1 hour and max 3 days before eating
You can use these onions on a lot of things like tacos, gyros, pulled pork, etc.
Make the Simple Homemade Greek Salad
Now for the grand finale, and the easiest part. All you have to do here is combine all the ingredients listed in this recipe below in a bowl and mix them together while drizzling your lemon dressing on top. This isn’t a trick. It’s really that easy to make. This salad will go perfectly with your next BBQ, pot luck, as a side, or the main course. Enjoy!
Other Greek-inspired recipes you’ll love:
- Greek Meatballs with Whipped Feta & Creamy Orzo
- Greek Pastitsio Recipe
- Greek Lemon Rice Soup
- Greek-Style Vegan Spinach Pie
- Easy Vegan Moussaka
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
All images are done in collaboration with Extra For Avocado
Simple Homemade Greek Salad
- 2 large tomatoes cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large cucumber halved and chopped
- 1 large fresh pepper chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 small/medium-sized red onion pickled
- 1/4 cup assorted olives
- 1/4 cup vegan or traditional feta cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- a handful of fresh oregano optional
- 4 tbsp. Lemon Vinegraitte Dressing
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper optional
- Simply add all your ingredients to a large mixing bowl and gently combine while drizzling the beautiful dressing on top of the salad.
Made this tonight (along with the dressing) and it was so flavourful and easy to make. Will definitely make it again.
thank you so much for your suppport! I am so glad you loved this!
This was perfect! Thank you! I loved the dressing too.
Isn’t the dressing just the best?
Just like my Grandma’s! Thank’s Maria!!
You’re so welcome hun!