Salads and Greens
Simple Fresh Fig Salad
This simple and delicious Fig Salad is not only vegan-friendly, but it’s really the perfect fresh salad for any occasion. Figs are so versatile. You can make a ton of things with them, and I find them so flavorful, and perfect for the cooler, fall weather that’s coming our way.
Why you’ll love this Fig Salad:
- It’s really easy to make
- Perfect for a BBQ or pot luck
- Great for meal prep
- It’s fresh and healthy
What are the benefits of figs?
Figs are so unique, they have a sweet taste, they’re soft and chewy, and even have a slight crunch with edible seeds. Fresh figs can be delicate, so you’ll see a lot of dried or preserved figs out there. However, since figs are grown easily in hot climates, you can usually almost always find them in your local supermarket.
Figs are high in natural sugars, minerals, and soluble fiber. They are so darn good for you! They are rich in minerals including:
Not to mention that they are also a good source of antioxidant vitamins A and K.
How do you pick a fresh fig?
Since people aren’t familiar with figs, it can be hard to know how to pick the best ones in the store, so there are a few critical things you should keep in mind:
- The season for fresh figs is between summer and autumn but you’ll still find them imported in from hotter climates
- They’re quick perishable and best eaten within one to two days after purchase
- When choosing figs, select ones that are plump and tender with rich, deep color and no bruising
- Ripe figs also have a sweet fragrance when you smell them
- You should not wash figs until you are ready to eat them
- They should be kept in the fridge for approximately two days unless they are not ripe yet, and then they can be kept at room temperature
- Figs can be consumer peeled or unpeeled
How do you make this Fig Salad?
This Fig Salad is seriously so simple. Even the dressing is so easy to make. It’s crazy how a few ingredients can make such a delicious and healthy fresh salad. All you’re going to do to make this vegan salad is add the halved figs to a large plate and begin adding the following toppings to the salad:
- Fresh parsley
- Vegan feta cheese (or regular)
- Chopped walnuts
- Salt & pepper
- Edible flowers (optional)
This salad will look incredibly beautiful and unique as it doesn’t have the traditional lettuce you are used to. It’s great to impress your guests or family without having to spend forever in the kitchen. All you do once you pile on the above topping is drizzle the oil and lemon on top for a simple dressing.
Other salad recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Shaved Cucumber Salad with Wild Blueberries
- Vegetable Vegan Pasta Salad
- Easy Vegetarian Picnic Salad
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
All images are done in collaboration with Extra For Avocado
- 10 large figs halved
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 large handful fresh parsley very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan or regular feta
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- handful of edible chamomile flowers optional
- To assemble the salad, simply add the halved figs to a large plate as begin adding the toppings to the salad.
- Drizzle on the oil and lemon. Dust on the walnuts, feta, parsley and seasoning.
I made this salad and ate every single bite by myself immediately after making it. Not only is it delicious but it is so good, so healthy and so alive. YUM to fig season and Maria!
Thank you so much, Tobie!
This was unreal!! I would have never thought of this combo!
So glad you loved it Lizz!
This was such a wonderful recipe, Maria! Thank you!!!
No, thank you Janice!