Snacks for Kids 6: Raw Melon Skeweres
Raw Melon Skewers are exactly what you need if you are looking for a fun, healthy, kid friendly treat at your kids next party, or gathering! Although, this treat may take a few extra minute to prepare with a melon baller, it is certainly well worth it! There is truly no better way to assure your children get their vitamins, and fruit than by throwing it on a skewer.
This little treat is also a lot of fun for your kids to make with you! And while you are you can teach them a little bit about Melons, and their positive benefits to their growing bodies!
Melons are a great source of:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Antioxidants (which help fight against Free Radicals – second hand smoke, the sun, pollution, burnt foods..etc)
- maintain good and strong health
- help protect you from UV rays
- helpful against heart and blood disease
- improves mood and body immunity
- helps keep your eyes and kidneys healthy
- keeps you hydrated
So with all these benefits of eating melon I can tell you more about how to make this snack!
All you need is:
- Your melons of Choice
- A melon ballers
- Skewers (I would suggest snapping the sharp side to avoid any accidents)
- Cut, and pit your melons
- using a melon baller begin to cut out balls with each of your melons
- then simply add them to skewers, and enjoy!
Note: whilst preparing this simple snack you can tell your little ones about the benefits of melons!
It is a super simple idea, and really easy to get your kids easy extra fruit, and plant based antioxidants. There are more Snacks for Kids to come! Do not forget to let me know what you thought of this simple recipe.
Love From Your Greek Food Goddess XOX