I’d like to say Spring has sprung, but unfortunately for some of us in Canada, it’s currently snowing outside! So to get in the Spring of things (see what I did there) I’m baking up some bright, fresh, and oh so delicious vegan desserts. Starting with this simple rustic vegan berry chocolate tart. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake.
As the seasons start to change so does the fresh fruits and veggies. Eating seasonally can sometimes be hard when you live in a polar vortex 8 months out of the year, so when the warmer months come around I like to take full advantage. As we roll into May you should be on the lookout for ripe strawberries, cherries, rhubarb, and Saskatoon berries. For this recipe, I used the most delicious and juicy strawberries, but feel free to mix and match all the fresh vegan ingredients you want.
It’s Always Chocolate Season
Rain or shine chocolate is always in season. It’s always there for you, the good times and the bad. When I was putting the finishing touches on the rustic berry tart I knew a few squares of my fave Hu Dark Chocolate would be the perfect addition before throwing it in the oven. Hu Dark Chocolate is not only vegan but also free of:
- Soy lecithin
- Refined sugar
- Cane sugars
- Sugar alcohols
Now that’s something you can feel good about! Another thing to feel good about is this strawberry tart mixed with Hu Dark Chocolate. It compliments the fresh strawberries so well and balances out all the sweetness.
Time to pull out those patio lanterns! This simple rustic vegan berry tart is the perfect last minute dessert for those warm summer nights. Top this tart with fresh mint, drizzle it with my vegan chickpea chocolate sauce, or dust it with some icing sugar. Don’t worry about leaving your guests high and dry while you prepare it, it only takes 5 minutes and all the ingredients can be mixed in one bowl. Time-saver and easy cleanup, your welcome.
While you wait for this baby to bake, take a look through some of my other favorite fresh recipes for summer:
- One Bowl 10 Minute Peanut Butter Almond Bars
- One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Vegan Blondies
- Chocolate Brownie Olive Oil Bundt Cake
Check out the recipe below and don’t forget to let me know what you think over at @foodbymaria and below in the comments! Tag #foodbymaria and #fearnotfoodisyourfriend so I can see all your beautiful recreations.
5 ingredient Rustic Vegan Berry Chocolate Tart
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste
- 1 sheet vegan puffed pastry
- 30 g Hu Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp vegan butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Into a small bowl add your strawberries (or choice of fruit), sugar and vanilla. Mix and set aside.
- Open your puffed pastry on the baking sheet and gently start placing strawberries throughout, leaving 1 inch boarder on each side. Avoid adding excess liquid from the berries.
- Fold over the edges and using a fork pierce little marks on all four sides and brush vegan butter onto the edges. This is great for adding a golden colour and increases crunch!
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, place on your chocolate and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown and extremely fragrant. Serve as is or with vanilla ice cream. I recommend to enjoy hot.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Hu Chocolate