10 Ingredients Or Less
Easy Vegan Strawberry Crumble Bars
Strawberries in the summertime are so damn good. They’re fresh, you can even go pick them yourself, and they taste totally different than what they taste like in the winter (at least where I’m from they do). These vegan Strawberry Crumble Bars can be made in under an hour and are loaded with my spin on the traditional shortbread goodness with the help of my kitchen staple, oats.
Why you’ll love these Strawberry Crumble Bars:
- They can be made in under an hour
- You only need a few ingredients
- They are gluten-free
- They are vegan and made with plant-based ingredients
- These bars will cure that sweet tooth (but with way less sugar than other treats)
Why is almond flour so great?
For these Strawberry Crumble Bars I used almond flour versus regular all-purpose flour. Bob’s Red Mills Almond Flour is a great staple to have on hand for baking. Although it is obviously not nut-free, it is gluten-free, and also vegan. Almond flour is also low in carbs, has a slightly sweeter taste than regular flour, PLUS it is loaded with nutrients you get from the almonds. Almond flour is particularly rich in vitamin E that acts as antioxidants in your body. Who knew you could eat a sweet treat, AND get health benefits while doing it?
What are the benefits of strawberries?
For this recipe, the star ingredient is obviously the strawberries. These pretty little berries are also loaded with nutritional benefits and are great not just for a plant-based, vegan diet. Strawberries can:
- Protect your heart
- Increase HDL (aka the good cholesterol)
- Lower your blood pressure
- They’re packed with vitamins, fiber, and high levels of antioxidants
- They are sodium-free, cholesterol-free, and low cal
Did you know that 8 strawberries provide more vitamin C than an orange?
How do you make these Strawberry Crumble Bars?
These easy bars may look impressive, but they are definitely not hard to make. All you do is:
- Preheat your oven and line a 9×9 inch baking dish with parchment
- In a large bowl, add all your ingredients for the crust and stir until well combined
- Set aside 1/3 of the mixture
- Transfer 2/3 of the mix to the baking dish and flatten with your hands
- For the filling, combine all ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Pour mixture over the crust and evenly distribute
- Add the remaining 1/3 of the crust mix to the top of the strawberries and evenly cover
- Bake and let cool before cutting them into bars and enjoying
These Strawberry Crumble Bars are seriously the perfect pot luck treat, great for a special occasion, or just a fun snack or treat to make for the family (or yourself). If you make them, please let me know what you think.
More sweet treat recipes to make:
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- One-Bowl Vanilla Honey Cake
- Vegan Upside-Down Banana Bread Cake
- Gooey Perfect Cinnamon Rolls
- 10-Minute Peanut Butter Almond Bars
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Vegan Strawberry Crumble Bars
For the crust/crumble:
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned or quick oats can do half and half if desired
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter cold and cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the filling:
- 2 cups roughly chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp. corn starch or arrowroot
- fresh mint thinly sliced and fresh strawberries
- Preheat your over to 350F and line a 9X9 inch baking dish/square with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the crust/crumble and stir with wooden spoon or hands till well combined.
- Set aside 1/3 of the mixture.
- Transfer the 2/3 of the mixture to the pre-lined baking square and flatten the mixture down with your hands of the base of a flat glass.
- For the filling, combine all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix till well combined. Pour the mixture over the crust and evenly distribute,
- Add the remaining 1/3 of the mixture to the top of the strawberries and evenly cover/coat.
- Bake the Strawberry Crumble Bars for 40 Minutes or until golden and slightly bubbling. Let the bars cool completely (I placed mine in the freezer for 15 minutes) in the pan/square then remove and cut into 9 bars.
- Serve with Vanilla Ice, fresh mint and strawberries.
So perfect for summer
Thank you, Elisa!!
OMG yum this looks so good. Definitely going to make it this summer!
Yes, please let me know if you do!!!
I didnt have raspberries so I made this with cherries and it was amazing!! thanks so much for another amazing recipe, Maria!
Thanks so much, Whitney!!
This was honeslty amazing. I have no other words. Make this now.
Thank you, Danielle!!
Sooo tasty!! I need to make these again ASAP. Such a tasty treat and perfect for the summer!
Thanks so much for the love, Eli! I love these bars so much!