1 16 oz Jar
This light, refreshing, and so damn flavorful Roasted Tomatillo Dressing is seriously to die for. Use it on your favourite salad, pasta salad, or as a marinade for a pop of flavor that screams summertime.
Why you’ll love this Tomatillo Dressing:
- It takes only 35 minutes to make a whole jar
- It uses fresh produce for all the yummy goodness
- It can be kept and used for up to 1-2 weeks
- It has a pop of spice with the jalapenos
What is a tomatillo?
For this Tomatillo Dressing recipe, I used, obviously, tomatillos. An often forgot about the fruit that I really love. Not only does it add great colour to any recipe, but it also tastes really good.
Tomatillos originated in Mexico and although they resemble a small tomato in a husk, these are actually not a species of tomatoes but a different fruit all together. The skin is quite tough when eating raw, but when cooked, that’s where the real flavor comes from. They are tart, fruity, and have a slightly herbal flavour. You’ll often find these used in salsas and sauces, and in this case, I love to use them in this Tomatillo Dressing that goes great on anything.
How do you make Tomatillo Dressing?
Happy you asked because I’m here to tell you! Making this dressing is pretty easy, the longest part is roasting the vegetables, but believe me, this part makes all the flavor and juices come out in full force. To make this dressing, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400F and add your tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapenos to a skillet or baking dish
- Lather everything with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and massage each ingredient with your hands to fully coat
- Roast the ingredients for 30 minutes, checking halfway through and flipping
- When done, remove from oven & let cool before transferring to a high-speed blender and adding the remaining ingredients to the blender
- Blend until smooth
- Transfer to a mason jar and cool completely before adding to your salad (or using it as a marinade)
Recipes that this dressing is the bomb on:
- Vegan Pasta Salad
- Vegetarian Easy Picnic Salad
- Refried Beans & Avocado Tacos
- Any of these summer salads
Roasted Jalapeno Tomatillo Dressing
- Preheat your oven to 400F and add your tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapenos to a cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Lather with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and massage each ingredient with your hands to fully coat.
- NOTE: was your hands before touching your face.
- Roast the ingredients for 30 minutes. Checking halfway through and flipping.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the ingredients to a high-speed blender and add the remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend till completely smooth.
- Transfer to a 16 oz. mason jar and cool completely before adding to salads or using as marinade!