Nothing says that the holiday season is here than the taste of cranberries in a warm and delicious pastry, paired with vegan cheese. Am I right? This easy mini tart pastry recipe is vegan, butter-free, and makes for the perfect appetizer this holiday season.
I partnered with my friends at Patience Fruit & Co. to create this yummy cranberry tart recipe that’ll knock your socks off.
Why you’ll love this vegan cranberry cheese tart recipe:
This recipe is all the things that’ll make you fall in love:
- This tart recipe is easy to make (not usually a word that goes hand-in-hand with tarts)
- They’re delicious (and vegan of course)
- Take only ten minutes to put together
- They’re easy to make in large batches to get you through holiday hosting
- Are made with less than ten ingredients
- Crowd-pleasers and are perfect for the holiday season
What’s the deal with cranberries?
Cranberries are a staple in holiday cooking. Often paired beside your turkey dinner, they are often forgotten about in everything else you whip up during the holiday season. This is so sad to me because they’re seriously so good and versatile.
I used fresh cranberries for this recipe, and I always reach for Patience Fruit & Co. cranberries when I use them in recipes because they have a strong focus on creating berries that respect nature. They are organic and high quality. No genetically modified ingredients or artificial fertilizers or pesticides, because who wants that in your food? They also ensure they harvest their berries when they are fully grown and their color shines bright because that’s when the health benefits are at its highest.
One of the best parts about cranberries is that polyphenols are naturally present in them (192.5mg per 55g serving). We get these micro-nutrients are packed with antioxidants and potential health benefits. They say these micro-nutrients can improve or help digestion, weight management challenges, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases. So why are cranberries so underrated? That’s a very good question!!
Tips to get the perfect cranberry tart
These tips can help make sure you ace this vegan, yummy tart recipe:
- Infuse your oil with garlic! All you do is add 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic to one cup of good quality olive oil and let it sit for a few hours.
- Be sure to use good quality cranberries, this is game-changing because you’ll really be able to taste their tartness and they’ll add great balance to these apps.
- Use fresh herbs that you and your family love like thyme and oregano
- Use cool/cold puffed pastry (throw them in the fridge before baking, it cooks and fluffs up better this way)
The star ingredients for the perfect cranberry tart
Like I said, you only need a few key ingredients to make this recipe, under ten, which is awesome during the holiday season because we just don’t have time for complicated! The key ingredients in this recipe are:
- puff pastry (don’t forget to get it cold)
- garlic infused olive oil
- onion chutney (I love (Branston’s)
- vegan mozzarella cheese
- fresh cranberries
- fresh herbs
- salt & pepper
.. it’s seriously that easy!
You’ll also love these recipes
If you’re looking for other great vegan appetizers for the holiday season, try out some of my other recipes below:
- Homemade Mini Vegan Sausage Rolls
- Crispy Mushroom Phyllo Bites
- Bagel Bites with Vegan Garlic Herb Cream Cheese
Vegan Cranberry Cheese Tarts
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Into a small bowl combine your olive oil and garlic. Season to taste just slightly and stir till well combined. Let it sit for 20 minutes before using it.
- Grab your thawed puffed pastry and cut into 4 even rectangles. Leaving 1 inch on each side and begin to brush on the garlic-infused olive oil (around 1 tsp), then place 1 tsp of onion chutney, 1 tbsp vegan mozzarella, 13-15 cranberries and sprigs of fresh thyme. Pinch each side with a fork (1-inch boarder) and finish by brushing with more garlic-infused oil around the edges.
- Place tarts in the fridge for 1 hour before baking. This will help make sure they're nice and crispy and fluffy!
- Bake for 25 minutes or until perfectly crispy and golden.
- Perfect addition to your holiday appetizers and small-ish bites plates!