10 Ingredients Or Less
Double Chocolate Vegan Protein Cookies
Who doesn’t love a cookie that tastes chocolatey and amazing, but is loaded with protein? These Vegan Protein Cookies deliver just that. Double the chocolate, high in protein, and they seriously taste damn delicious.
Why you’ll love these Vegan Protein Cookies:
- Easy: This recipe is super simple to make and you only need 30-minutes to whip them up
- Great for Busy People: They are great for when you’re on the go and don’t have time to make a full meal
- Filling: They are loaded with protein so they’ll fill you up
- Chocolate Lovers Dream: They are double chocolate, which means double the fun
Here are the key ingredients you’ll need to make these Double Chocolate Vegan Protein Cookies:
Vegava is a new brand of protein that I just recently discovered and is the protein I used in this recipe. What I love about this protein is that it is 100% vegan and all-natural. The protein is made with a combination of
- Pea protein isolate
- Brown rice protein isolate
- Hemp protein isolate
All of these natural ingredients provide muscle-building protein, along with amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. If you’re vegan, you probably know how valuable a quality protein powder can be when adding to recipes like this as when you are eating a vegan diet or any diet, you know how important it is to ensure you are getting the right amount of protein. That’s why I love adding protein into baking, or my recipes when I can to get that extra boost.
Vegava has a variety of different blends to choose from but for this recipe, I used their Premium Vegan Protein in the chocolate flavor to get that sweet and delicious flavor you love in cookies. Oh and I almost forgot to mention one of the other things I love about this product, IT COMES IN COMPOSTABLE PACKAGING!!!
How to make Vegan Protein Cookies:
This recipe is super simple and only takes 30 minutes to make. All you have to do is:
Step One: Preheat your oven to 350F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step Two: Into a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a whisk to combine and remove any clumps.
Step Three: Into a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the vegan butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg.
Step Four: Gradually beat in the flour till well combined and gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Step Five: Transfer mixture into a medium-sized bowl and let sit in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Step Six: Use a 1 tbsp. ice cream scoop to measure and round the cookies. Place 12 cookies onto each baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before placing on cooling racks to cool completely.
FAQ + Expert Tips:
Why do my cookies not look cooked? They will seem uncooked at 9 minutes but trust me you want to remove them now so they remain gooey and soft in the center.
How many cookies does this recipe make? This is entirely dependent on how big you want these to be! The recipe can yield 48 dependent on the size.
Why do you mix dry and wet ingredients separately first? You want to mix them separately to give yourself the best chance of evenly distributing the ingredients.
Other cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Best Chewy SunButter Cookies
- One Bowl White & Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Double Chocolate Vegan Protein Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Vegava Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup room temperature vegan butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 vegan egg replacements
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Into a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking soda and salt. Use a whisk to combine and remove any clumps.
- Into a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the vegan butter, sugars, vanilla and egg.
- Gradually beat in the flour till well combined and gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture into a medium-sized bowl and let sit in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Use a 1 tbsp. ice cream scoop to measure and round the cookies. Place 12 cookies onto each baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before placing on cooling racks to cool completely.