This Simple Vegan Salad Recipe is super easy to whip up in no time at all and is loaded with fresh vegetables and protein that’ll help fill you up and stay healthy.
I love the mix of barley and lentils, mixed with the added crunch and benefits of the vegetables, and the texture the dried cranberries add. This salad is an explosion of different textures and deliciousness. Which is the perfect combination for any salad!
Why you’ll love this Simple Vegan Salad recipe:
- It’s quick and easy to make
- It is great on its own or as a side
- You can meal prep it for lunches for the week
- It’s versatile – switch out the veggies or grains to your favs
- It’s not just a plain, boring salad
How do you make the perfect vegan salad?
There are key components to mastering the art of the perfect salad. They are:
- The perfect base (whether this is lettuce in a traditional salad or barley like in this salad)
- Something crunchy (fresh veggies or nuts of your choice)
- Something soft (avocado baby or sweet potato is another great option here)
- Something unexpected (I added dried cranberries to this recipe)
- Protein (lentils, or your fav plant-based protein)
How do you make this Simple Vegan Salad?
This recipe is easy because who has time to slave over making a salad? Here’s how you’ll throw together this yummy salad for your next lunch:
- Add everything but the avocado to a large bowl and combine
- Before serving, top with your fresh avocado
… I told you it was easy 😉
Why should you add cranberries to your salad?
Cranberries not only add a unique flavour and unexpected delicious texture in your salad, they are so damn good for you. For this Simple Vegan Salad, I used Patience Fruit & Co.’s dried cranberries. Their cranberries are a staple in my pantry. I love to eat them on their own and throw them into salad recipes like this one.
Don’t forget that cranberries are incredibly loaded with health benefits, which is why you should try to throw them into as many recipes as you can! Polyphenols are the secret (or not so secret) benefit of cranberries and they’re naturally present. These micro-nutrients are packed with antioxidants and other benefits that keep our bodies healthy and happy.
Why use Patience Fruit & Co.’s cranberries?
Patience Fruit & Co.’s cranberries are organic and high quality. No genetically modified ingredients or artificial fertilizers or pesticides, because who wants that in your food? They also ensure they harvest their berries when they are fully grown and their colour shines bright because that’s when the health benefits are at its highest.
I love cranberries and love the addition they make to this salad. What’s one of your fav ways to eat cranberries? Share below in the comments!
Other cranberry recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Cranberry Cheese Tarts
- Cranberry Oregano Grilled Tofu Skewers
- Simple Spring Apple Cranberry Crisp
- White & Dark Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Vegan Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce
For more salad recipes, click here.
Simple Vegan Salad Recipe
- 1 400 mL can of lentils rinsed and dried
- 2 cups cooked barley seasoned with salt, pepper, 1 tsp vegan butter and 2 tbsp lemon
- 1 avocado cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Patience Fruit and Co. dried cranberries
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- It's super simple, add everything but the avocado to a large bowl and combine!
- Before serving, top with avocado.