Hello everyone! I bring to you The SuperFood Nice Cream Cake made for myself, to celebrate my baby (not so baby) sisters birthday! I don’t know where the years continue to go, but I really need time to slow down just for a bit . It’s ok I will drown my time sorrows into this no guilt, decadent, and creamy delicious Nice Cream Cake!
So as most of you already know I am a huge advocate for cheeky treats, but made the right way. The healthy way. It truly breaks my heart when I hear people say “but healthy doesn’t taste good”, well HELLLLLL you ain’t tried my treats before then. Using simple, readily available ingredients to make delicious cakes, and treats has never been this easy.
Apart from the dates, I assume most of you have access to all the ingredients used in this recipe, so you have no excuses. If you don’t have Match or Vanilla Lacuma, thats fine, were building a lifestyle, things can’t change over night. So if we, as a team, focus on baby steps anything is possible! Eventually, as you become more comfortable with superfoods you can find the Matcha I used online, here, from Matcha Maiden (@matcha_maiden). ”
“100% pure organic green tea leaves ground into powder. Up to 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea!” – Matcha Maiden
Such a lovely product, great source of energy from a super food boosting green, and it is so good for your health!
I also used Vanilla Lacuma, from Sprout Living (@sproutliving). They’re re an organic, plant-based, and hypoallergenic product that pair perfectly with athletic mentality, energy seeking day-to-day tasks and active lifestyles. If you’re just getting started, and need to find a product for energy, and balance look no further… I hight suggest Sprout Living. So easy to add to raw treats, smoothies and juices.
So as mentioned above these two products pair perfectly in Raw Treats, such as this amazing Nice Cream Cake and make for the ultimate guilt-free birthday of celebration!
Putting in a little, organized time to fuel and healthily feed our bodies is nothing compared to the time it takes to burn off stubborn, unhealthy processed foods, and sugars at the gym! If you’re leading an active lifestyle you might be thinking “but if I can burn it off” then why does it matter? Thats a choice you’re going to have to make for yourself. I didn’t decide to lead this lifestyle so I could eat unwell, just in turn to burn it off at the gym. I decided to eat clean, work hard and prepare healthy meals so that I can feel good, feel young, educate my family and children one day and stay healthy without medicine.
This is your choice, align yourselves with your beliefs, and whatever you choose to do works.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and the rest of your Thursday!
Love from your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- 10 medjool dates (pitted, and soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- ½ soaked cup of nuts (I used walnuts/cashews)
- 2 tbsp. of shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Filling, layer 1:
- 3 organic ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp Matcha Maiden Matcha Powder
- Filling, layer 2:
- 1 cup of organic strawberries
- 1 cup of organic raspberries
- 2 banans
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp Sprout Living Vanilla Lacuma
- Into a food processor add all of the base ingredients. Pulse it gently at first, until it becomes a sticky mixture (it is going to seem very sticky, this is normal, do not panic).
- Remove the base mixture from the food processor, and using your hands (wet your fingers) press it into the bottom of a pie tin/spring form cake pan. This will be a sticky process and wetting your fingers will help! While creating the base make a ridge around the perimeter of the tin (if you want a thicker crust).
- Next blend all the filling ingredients together for layer one. Play with the amount or type of fruit you use. ex. any type of berries, apples, or even citrus fruit juices to add some zing!
- When the filling is made pour it on top of your crust and into the cake pan. Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes before adding next layer.
- Clean blender, and repeat last step for layer 2… 30 minutes after putting layer one/crust into freezer.
- Now place it in the freezer and allow it to set over night, the longer the better. Be patient, it is worth the wait.
- There are so many ways that you can bring different flavours into this cake, so be creative and have fun!