I have a thing for meal prep and nourishing my body. Kind of like how I have a thing for eating my greens, going gym and drinking loads of water. This sort of stuff has become second nature for me and I wanted to share with you this soup recipe that will make food prep that much more delicious. Do not be intimidated if you do not food prep, this soup can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere!
This recipe was inspired by my need for something comforting and warming as we get through these cold days here in Canada! It was adapted by a lot of my soup and curry recipes; which are all great sources of nutrients and vegetables.
This recipe requires a little over 10 ingredients (so worth it), simple methods and less than one hour to prepare! Your meal prepping will never be the same and I assure you that there will be far less mess left if your kitchen after you try this simple meal.
This Meal Prep Soup is:
- plant based
- gluten free
- filled with plant based protein
If you like this recipe then you should also try our Chunky Potato + Vegetable Orzo Soup, Detox Kale + Cauliflower and 30 minute Creamy Carrot Soup!
I hope you enjoy this simple soup as much as we did! Don’t forget to tell us what you thought of this recipe by leaving a comment below!
Love From Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 3 celery stalks, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- dash of cayenne
- 4 cups of vegetable stalk – unsalted
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can of lentils
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Garnish with black sesame seeds, lime and fresh greens
- Into a large pot add your EVOO.
- Let it heat up and add your onions. Cook down on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Now add your potatoes and give the two a good stir. Cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add your carrots and celery. Stir well and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add your spices to the vegetable mixture. Turn heat to low and stir till well coated.
- Add your stalk, water and paste. Bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add your lentils and quinoa. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- At the last minute add coconut milk!
- I loved garnishing with lime and fresh greens!
- Tip: try hot sauce 😉