It is The Detox Soup you all need! I will be the first to tell you the colour is not impressively beautiful, but the taste is, and the benefits are well worth it. The soup embodies everything you need in a day for greens, and health foods. Balanced with healthy fats, detoxifying greens, and richness from the peas and coconut milk.
The Detox Soup is plant based, sugar + dairy free, as well as Andrew approved. We both lead very busy lives so sometimes it is hard to make sure we get our 10-15 servings of vegetables in a day but this soup surely proved us wrong. If you ever feel like you need a healthy, cleansing soup then you should absolutely try this one!
Note: I tried new photography techniques! What do you we think?
I would serve this soup with a piece of seed + grains garlic toast, or even make it a naughty meal by adding a pizza slice or two!
This Detox Soup is:
- Wintery, and Warm!
I hope you all enjoy this super simple dish, and share it with your friends during this dire need for healthy comfort food!
Love From Your Greek Food Goddess XOX
Detoxifying Kale + Cauliflower Soup
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup of white onions chopped
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets (1 small head of cauliflower)
- 1 tsp of pink himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups of zucchini cubed
- 4 1/2 cups of sodium free vegetable stock
- 1 cup of green peas - canned or frozen
- 2 packed cups of kale chopped
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Into a medium sized pot add your EVOO
- Throw in your onions, and let them sweat for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add in your cauliflower, still cooking on low heat, for 5 minutes.
- Add your seasoning, and give it a good stir.
- Now add your zucchini, and stock.
- Bring to boil, then simmer till cauliflower is completely cooked.
- Now add your peas, kale and coconut oil. Let them cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer your soup into a blender. Blend till smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with more peas, fresh tomatoes, EVOO, and nuts or seeds!
- NOTE: this soup was beautiful before it was blended, and tasted just as good!