Grilled Corn + Avocado Pasta Salad
Who doesn’t love fresh avocados? I’m definitely obsessed! This simple avocado pasta salad recipe incorporates grilled corn, fresh herbs, and is perfect for a summer BBQ, meal prep, or just for an easy, fresh dinner. Make this recipe up with simple ingredients and enjoy the delicious flavors of the dressing combined with the nutrition of the fresh ingredients.
Why you’ll love this avocado pasta salad:
- Quick & Easy: The prep time for this is only five minutes. That’s it!! In total it’ll take a whole 25-minutes to have this pasta salad ready to enjoy.
- Versatile: Great for a side dish, on its own, meal prep, a potluck, a BBQ, the list goes on. Did I mention you can also swap out the ingredients with whatever you have on hand?
- Dressing: The dressing you can use on anything. Use it on a grain bowl, salad, or as a marinade.
Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need to make this avocado pasta salad:
Avocados: Avocados have so many great health benefits. They are high in fat but 60% of this is monounsaturated fats which are actually healthy fats. This type of fat helps protect against heart disease, and can even help lower blood pressure. Avocados are also a great source of potassium, folate, and fibre.
Cilantro: I know not everyone is a fan of cilantro. I get it. It’s actually a genetic thing that for some people it tastes like soap. If you are one of those people, feel free to swap this out for any fresh herb. Dill can be great, or parsley.
How do you make avocado pasta salad?
1. Prepare the salad by slowly adding/layering all the ingredients to a large bowl.
2. To make the dressing, simply add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix together till combined.
3. Serve with your desired dressing and mix till combined.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
How do I prepare this recipe in advance? If you’re making the salad in advance, mix together all the ingredients apart from the avocados. Add those last to ensure ripeness and freshness. Same goes for meal prepping and lunches.
Why are my avocados going brown? The flesh starts to brown quickly with an avocado once it’s cut and that’s due to oxygen exposure. We all know this too well. This is a natural process though. The same way apples turn brown when cut. To be honest, they’ll still taste the same brown or not, but if this seems unappetizing, you can skim off the brown part and eat the rest. Alternatively, ensure that the unused portion of avocado is tightly wrapped with no air between the wrap and the avocado itself.
How do you pick a ripe avocado? Firmness!! The firmness of the avocado will let you know its ripeness. Hold it in your palm and squeeze it gently. If it is a tad soft, it’s ripe. If it’s hard, it’s not. If you need to quicken the ripening process, place it into a brown paper bag, along with a banana. Ripe bananas release a plant hormone that triggers ripening. The paper bag helps trap the ethylene gas it’s omitting and speeds up the ripening process of the avocado.
Other avocado recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocado with Jalapeno Ranch
- Fig, Walnut, Fried Avocado Salad
- Chocolate Avocado Muffins
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Mini Burrito Bites with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Grilled Corn + Avocado Pasta Salad
For the Salad:
- 3 cups cooked pasta of choice I used Fusilli
- 1 cup grilled corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp umami spice optional
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh green onion
- 1 large Mission Produce avocado cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Prepare the salad by slowly adding/layering all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, simply add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix together till combined.
- Serve with your desired dressing and mix till combined.