For the bagel bites:
- 3 Silver Hills Organic Everything Bagels, chopped into chip bites
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp everything bagel spice
- 2 tbsp dry thyme
For the Tofu:
- 200g firm tofu
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours or overnight
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracker pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dry dill
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- 1 small handful fresh thyme, finely chopped or course
- 1 small handful fresh chives or green onion, finely chooped or course
Preheat oven to 325F.
Place tofu on a cutting board lined with a kitchen cloth, place a plate onto the tofu and then a heavy book onto the plate. Less this press for 30 minutes.
Into a large bowl combine your bagel bites, oil and spices. Toss till well coated.
Transfer between two baking sheets and cook for 15 minutes, flipping half way through. Use judgement, this may take longer than 15 minutes depending on your oven.
Once cooked, remove from oven and set on a baking tray to cool.
Once 30 minutes have passed transfer your tofu and the remaining ingredients into a high speed blender and blend till well combined. Could take up to 1-2 minutes.
Transfer to a tight sealed container, pat till flat and set in fridge for up to 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Enjoy with veggies and bagel bites on a fabulous platter!
Cheese will last in fridge for up to one week in a tight sealed container.
You can add your herbs in after blending and simply fold into cheese. Up to you.
Recipe adapted by the fabulous Lauren Toyota of Hot For Food.
Keywords: bagel, plant based, snack, vegan, vegan cheese