Fresh & Easy Bagel Sandwich Recipe
I love great and easy breakfast or lunch ideas. Even though we’re stuck at home right now, I still feel like my days have been jam-packed. Life is still chaotic, even while just at home! That’s why this bagel sandwich recipe is perfect for when you need a quick lunch or breakfast that is healthy, filling, and yummy!
Why you’ll love this bagel sandwich recipe:
- Like I said already, it’s quick and easy
- It’s healthy and loaded with so much goodness for your body
- It’s versatile, you can add any of your fav toppings
- The sandwich is made with flavourful sprouted organic everything bagels
- It’s great for breakfast or lunch for any vegan or plant-based diet
As I said, this recipe can be made with whatever you have in your fridge. Throw in your favorite toppings, veggies, spreads, and all that jazz. However, for my variation of this Breakfast Bagel Sandwich, I used:
- Cream cheese
- Fresh sprouts
- Flavourful olive spread
- Smashed avocado
- Silver Hills Sprouted Organic Everything Bagels
Why these bagels are so damn delicious
The Silver Hills Sprouted Organic Everything Bagels really add a lot to these sandwiches. Like any good sandwich, you need a great bread product to hold it all together. If you’ve been following me, you know Silver Hills products are one of my go-to’s for their bread and also bagels. Their bagels are soft, chewy, and made from sprouted organic whole wheat (they actually have 27 grams of whole grains per bagel and 4 grams of fiber)!
Everything Bagels, in particular, are super delicious because I love the flavor the toppings add to the sandwich. The mix of sesame and poppy seeds, and onion, really add a lot of pizzazz to the bread and sandwich.
For more breakfast inspo with Silver Hills, check out my Easy Fluffy Chickpea Scramble!
Silver Hills also has a variety of other bread products that I love. Plus, they’re a Canadian company which I really like. Living in Canada myself, I try my best to support local and try to pay attention to where my food is coming from when I can. Silver Hills makes it so easy because they’re a trusted brand, delivering amazing plant-based products that I can really feel good about putting in my body!
What’s so special about sprouted grains?
Silver Hills bagels (and products) are made with sprouted grains which store all the good taste and health benefits. Sprouting is nature’s way of unlocking those valuable nutrients our bodies need and help make them readily available and easily digested. Sprouting makes nutrients easier for our bodies to absorb while retaining all their nutrition and fiber.
What’s the deal with avocados?
Okay, one of the best ingredients inside this sandwich is the avocado mash. This sandwich is really an elevated twist to simple avocado toast and the avocado really makes this sandwich not only delicious and creamy but healthy and filling.
Avocados are rich in nutrients such as C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. In short, all the good stuff. They are also great too:
- Maintain good heart health
- Help with great vision
- Improve your digestion
- Help with mental health
- They’re a natural detoxifier
And although avocados are high in fat, they are a healthy fat that really helps keep you full and keep you healthy.
Why should you make this bagel sandwich recipe?
Well if I haven’t convinced you yet, what’s really great about this recipe is really that it is so quick and easy. I know that we don’t always feel like cooking, but it’s important to eat healthily. A lot of people think eating healthy involves a lot of cooking and being in the kitchen, but it really doesn’t. With this easy savory Bagel Sandwich, you’ll have it made in no time, you’ll be left full, satisfied, and happy that you reached for a healthy option versus junk.
What are your favorite breakfast meals? Leave below in the comments what you like to whip up for you (or the fam) for breakfast and lunch!
Other breakfast recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Fluffy Chickpea Scramble
- Plant-Based Blueberry Chocolate Pancake Skillet
- Breakfast Burrito
- Blender Protein Pancakes
See the recipe card below for how to make this yummy (and easy) Bagel Sandwich!
Vegan Bagel Sandwich Recipe
- toasted Silver Hills Sprouted Organic Everything Bagels
- cream cheese of choice we used a plant-based brand
- onion chutney this is premade
- handful fresh arugula
- fresh sliced tomato we used 1 large tomato for 2 bagels sandwiches
- cooked vegan bacon - 6 pieces
- cheese slices of choice we used a plant-based brand
- smashed avocado lightly salted!
- Toast Silver Hills Bagel and put together your masterpiece by smearing cream cheese to one half of the bagel and onion chutney to the other.
- Proceed by adding all the remaining ingredients to the base side of the bagel. Finish by closing it up and cutting in half before enjoying it!
YUm! I love me a good bagel sandwich! Thank you
You’re so welcome baby girl!
This was really great Maria! Thanks for the tip on Everything Balges with this. We loved this recipe!
Thank you, Joe!
A good bagelwich is so important. Thank you for creating this recipe!
You’re very welcome. So easy to put together!
A yummy breakfast sandwich option! Def going to try this out.
Thank you, Lauren! I just love this recipe!