Baked Oats Recipe 3-ways
This yummy baked oats recipe is the perfect, healthy breakfast. Oats can be made in so many different ways and are such a great, filling breakfast to start off your day. For this post, I’ve shown you how to make baked oats in 3 easy ways.
Why you’ll love this baked oats recipe:
- Quick: You can have these ready in 30 minutes, and prep them in only 10
- Hearty: This baked oats recipe is filling, and protein-packed
- Versatile: I’ll show you how to make them 3-ways but you could experiment even further
Rolled Oats: For this recipe, I used Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats. Bob’s has so many great oats and oatmeals to make breakfast so easy and healthy. I used the quick-cooking ones to make breakfast even quicker. They are loaded with protein (7G) and 20% of your daily recommended fiber per serving!
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a great, healthier alternative to butter or other oils. Coconut oil can help boost your energy, has antimicrobial effects, can help improve the appearance of your skin, protect your hair, and that’s only to name a few benefits.
Bananas: Bananas are so versatile and this recipe for banana oatmeal muffins is a great way to use up bananas in your freezer or that are getting brown. They’re also rich in nutrients, awesome for your digestive health, and full of antioxidants.
How to make this baked oats recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and brush three oven-safe ramekins with coconut oil.
2. To a blender, add all the ingredients apart from the cacao and peanut butter. Blend till smooth and cake batter texture is achieved.
3. Pour 1/3 of the batter into a pre-greased ramekin.
4. To the batter in the blender, add the cacao and blend till smooth.
5. Pour 1/2 of the batter into another pre-greased ramekin.
6. To the batter in the blender, add the peanut butter and blend till smooth.
7. Pour the remaining batter into another pre-greased ramekin.
8. Bake for 22 minutes or until golden.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
What if I only want one kind of baked oats? If you don’t want each baked oats to taste different then simply follow these instructions. For plain Banana Baked Oats, do not add cacao or peanut butter. For Banana Cacao Baked Oats, add 2 tbsp. cacao (including the banana batter) to the blender (for 3 ramekins). For the Banana Cacao Peanut Butter Baked Oats, add the 2 tbsp of cacao and 2 tbsp. of peanut butter (including the banana batter) to the blender (for 3 ramekins).
I don’t have coconut oil: If you don’t have coconut oil, use a cooking oil spray to pre-grease the ramekins.
What other things can I add to these oats? Top with fruit, add chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, or add fruit inside the batter. Get creative!
Other recipes you’ll love:
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Baked Oats Recipe 3-ways
- 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Quick Oats
- 3 medium-sized bananas
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- Preheat the oven to 350F and brush three oven-safe ramekins with coconut oil.
- To a blender, add all the ingredients apart from the cacao and peanut butter. Blend till smooth and cake batter texture is achieved.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a pre-greased ramekin.
- To the batter in the blender, add the cacao and blend till smooth.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into another pre-greased ramekin.
- To the batter in the blender, add the peanut butter and blend till smooth.
- Pour the remaining batter into another pre-greased ramekin.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until golden.