Best Morning Routine + Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This post was sponsored by Nature’s Way.
Everyone’s mornings look drastically different. For some people they wake-up before the sun at 5 am, for others, they press snooze for an hour when their alarm goes off in the morning. Not everyone is a morning person, I get it! But for me, I’ve finally mastered a morning routine that makes me start my day feeling great. Your morning is what sets the tone for the rest of the day, so it’s super important that I have a morning routine that works and helps me start my day set me up for success.
There are a few things that are critical in my morning routine that is important for me to have the best possible day ahead. My Nature’s Way products are a necessity to set myself up for a healthy, happy body, a good hardy breakfast, waking up early, and making sure I find that time to workout and set myself up for success.
My Nature’s Way besties = the best morning routine
Yes, my Nature’s Way vitamins and supplements are critical to keeping my body healthy and happy. First off I always take their Aloe Vera Leaf Juice. If you’ve been following me, you know this has helped my skin a ton! Aloe has a ton of benefits and I love Nature’s Way for their quality and purity. Plus, I find it tastes great and you can easily throw it into your morning smoothie or whatever you prefer.
I also always take their Fortify Women’s Probiotics (P.S. they have one great for males too). These probiotics keep everything in my gut moving the way it should.
What I usually like to do is put aloe in my water or smoothies in the morning, depending on how busy I am during the day, then the probiotics I take when I wake up in the morning. As you know, it’s so important to drink water all day long, and I try to wake up and get in a good big glass of it first thing in the AM. I actually recently got a Berkey Water Filter which I am obsessed with. Essentially it is a water filtration system that filters out the unwanted stuff from your tap water, and their metal filtration systems also look so beautiful in your house BONUS!!!
Use code MARIA5 for 5% off your Berkey Water Filter system.
Breakfast for champions
Next up is my breakfast. You don’t need me to tell you that it’s one of the most important meals of the day, and I find that if I ever skip it, I NEVER have productive and my day doesn’t start on a good foot. If I want to get all the way through my ever-growing checklist and set myself up for success, then I need to have fuel in my body. One of my favourite recipes when on-the-go is a build your own breakfast burrito. I have included a great Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito below but there’s also a simple variation of a Black Bean + Potato Burrito included in the video below! I find they are an easy way to get all the nutrients and goodness I need for my day.
Breakfast burrito recipes are easy, delicious, filling, and you can mix up the ingredients slightly to have it daily. I like to put them together ahead of time and meal prep them for the whole week. When I don’t eat burritos, I’ll usually go for oats, or avocado toast and kimchi. All good, quick, healthy options for your day ahead. Plus, pleasers for the whole family, vegan or not.
Waking up early
Another big player in my morning routine is waking up early. If you’ve been following me, you know I strongly believe in the 5 am club. It helps me make the most of my day, and hey, some of the most successful business people were also members of this productive club. Waking up early also can provide you with some many benefits such as:
- It correlates to better grades or work
- Helps you maintain a healthy diet – late snoozer often skip breakfast, the most important meal of the day!
- It enhances your productivity – there are less distractions early in the morning
- Assists with better mental health by eliminating the stress in the morning (or during the day) of feeling rushed
- Gives you more time to fit in exercise – no more excuses for being too busy
- Improves the quality of your sleep by putting you in more of a consistent routine
I also find that waking up early allows me to really get the most out of my day. Working out, for example, is so important for my body, and my mental health, so I go to the gym six times a week, and I use my fitness as a source of medicine and downtown to just sweat it out and release any stress or anxiety that has built up. I’m also trying my best to balance my life more, which can be hard as an entrepreneur. I’m really actively trying to work less on weekends, read more, meditate, and just really focus on all aspects of my life, and not just my business (as hard as that is).
My morning routine is precious to me. It seriously throws me off when I don’t follow it and it’s the only reason I’ve been able to accomplish all that I do and maintain a healthy lifestyle. What does your morning routine look like? Share your tips in my comments!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
My Morning Routine + My Fav Breakfast
- 1 wrap of choice
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- Diced tomato lightly salted
- Sliced avocado lightly salted
- Cooked collard greens sauteed in olive oil and lightly dusted with salt
- Herb of choice
- 1 block of firm to extra-firm tofu pressed for 1 hour to release excess liquid
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To a large bowl add the tofu and mash using a fork. Leave large chunks. To a medium-sized bowl add all the remaining ingredients apart from the olive oil. Stir with a whisk till well combined. You are looking for a sauce texture/consistency. Heat a skillet on medium-high and add your olive oil, heat until hot. Add the tofu and fry it until lightly browned, don't over stir, you want the tofu to maintain its shape. Add sauce to the skillet and fold/stir to combine. Fry till the tofu is at your desired consistency, the sauce will absorb. If you like your egg drier, then it could till dry or vice versa. To assemble, heat a wrap gently, add your refried beans, tofu scramble, chard, tomato, avocado and herb of choice - I used fresh oregano!
The tofu scramble is delicious! It is better with additional mix-ins and toppings. I have not tried the toppings listed for the recipe. I normally add Vegan sausage, fried potatoes, and Vegan cheese in my scramble. Garlic powder works well in place of fresh garlic.
Thank you so much for the love, Misty!