Creamy Eggplant Dip (whipped)
Holy eggplant this dip is going to blow your mind! Okay… I don’t think holy eggplant is a saying but I’m going to make it one. This eggplant dip is creamy, flavorful, healthy, and the perfect dip for summer. You’re going to want to make this recipe again and again, so save it, bookmark it, print it, you won’t regret it.
Why you’ll love this eggplant dip:
- Creamy: Did I mention how creamy this is? With the help of Greek yogurt and tahini, this dip becomes so damn creamy and good.
- Versatile: Use it on sandwiches, dip your fav veggies in it, spread it on a veggie burger, the options are endless with this versatile dip.
- Easy: Who doesn’t love a recipe that only takes 10-minutes to prep?
For this delicious eggplant dip, here are some of the shining star ingredients I used:
Eggplant: What really brings this dip alive is obviously the eggplant. By roasting up the delicious eggplant you get such an amazing flavor that is perfect for this dip. Eggplant also has antioxidants like vitamins A and C, plus it is also high in natural plant chemicals called polyphenols, which can help cells do a better job of processing sugar if you have diabetes!
Dippers: My favorite things to dip in this recipe are my favorite crackers, pita, or if I’m trying to be extra healthy, fresh veggies. It makes for such a healthy snack.
Olive Oil: Since there are minimal ingredients in this recipe, you’ll want to ensure you buy and use quality olive oil for maximum flavor. Look for oil labeled “extra virgin” and make sure to buy it in a bottle that isn’t clear, as light can deteriorate the flavor.
How do you make eggplant dip?
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cut your eggplant width-wise into 1 1/2 inch pieces and lay them evenly onto your baking sheets. Brush each piece lightly with olive oil and bake for 3o minutes till golden and reduced by 1/4 in size. Tip, let the eggplant cool and squeeze each piece till no moisture comes out, and set aside.
3. To a food processor, add all the ingredients and then add the eggplant at the end.
4. Blend till combined and serve with veggies, crackers, or pita bread!
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Eggplant: If you are not a fan of eggplant then this right might not be for you but honestly the flavors in this dish are so wonderful you can’t taste the eggplant very prominently. The consistency is so thick and creamy, it’s truly wonderful.
Onion: If you do not want to use onion powder, then use 1 small onion, that’s been cooked down. You want the moisture to be limited.
Garlic: If you do not want to use garlic powder, then use 3-4 garlic cloves, that’s been cooked down (you can do this when you cook the onion down too). You want the moisture to be limited.
The heat from Spice: If you are sensitive to spice, then omit the chili flakes or just add to taste.
Storage: This dip will last up to 1 week in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Grits & Creamy Beans & Collards
- Refried Beans & Avocado Tacos
- Hearty Vegetable + Mixed Bean Stew
- Vegan BBQ Black Bean Meatballs
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Loved this recipe? Good! We can give you access to Maria’s most famous recipes, check out our Top Ten Recipes Mini Cookbook! We also have an incredible APP for you to access at all times (yes, online and offline) all our recipes with a click of your finger – check in out here.
Creamy Eggplant Dip (whipped)
- 3 medium-sized or 2 large eggplant
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegan or regular parmesean cheese
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp paprika + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Serve with cracker veggies or pita bread
- Preheat oven to 400F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut your eggplant width-wise into 1 1/2 inch pieces and lay them evenly onto your baking sheets. Brush each piece lightly with olive oil and bake for 3o minutes till golden and reduced by 1/4 in size. Tip, let the eggplant cool and squeeze each piece till no moisture comes out and set aside.
- To a food processor, add all the ingredients and then add the eggplant at the end.
- Blend till combined and serve with veggies, crackers or pita bread!
Made this today!! Very good, I would have used 1/2 the lemon, but other than that , excellent.
It’s the best!!!! Thanks for the love!!!