Date Night Kale Pesto Pasta
1 jar of pesto
This Kale Pesto Pasta post is sponsored by Nature’s Way.
Okay, bear with me until we get to the yummy kale pesto pasta recipe, I have some important things to talk about and you’ll want to listen 😉
The holiday season. You love it, right? Let’s be honest for a minute… everyone that says they’re good around this time of year is probably not fully telling you the truth. The holiday season can be hard. It can feel lonely for some people who don’t have family or friends nearby. It can be exhausting for those trying to balance the countless holiday parties, kids’ school concerts, work, and everything in between. And yes, it can be wonderful, and magical, but it can also be stressful.
Before we get to the kale pesto pasta, let’s talk reconnecting
Looking for more recipes? Here are 15 Vegan Pasta Recipes you’ll love.
Find simple ways to get outside
There are so many benefits of getting outside and often we hibernate when the winter months come. Get bundled up and take a walk with your partner. Even if it’s just around the block. Leave your phones at home and just enjoy the snow, cool air on your skin, and each other’s company. Seems simple doesn’t it? But when was the last time you did it?
Whether new or old, creating a new tradition during the holiday season can be a ton of fun with your significant other. The holiday season is all about traditions and knowing that what you are creating together can carry on for years to come is exciting and fun. Think of something you’ve always wanted to do, it doesn’t need to be something crazy wild, but something as simple as watching a specific holiday movie on Christmas eve, or making a holiday ornament every year to add to your tree.
Stay healthy together
We lose sight of our health during this time of year which really has such a negative impact on our mental health too. Whether it’s too cold to go outside or to the gym, or the fact that it’s darker earlier makes you want to stay inside and never leave again until summer, staying healthy and eating healthy should stay on top of your list no matter the season. Some ways to get motivated with your partner and hold yourselves accountable are:
- Find a new, fun exercise class for you both to go to
- Plan mini rewards for different fitness goals you achieve together
- Get in the kitchen and cook together (see my vegan kale pesto recipe in this post for a great date night meal)
- Set goals as a couple and individually and encourage each other to reach them. It’ll help keep that motivation up!
A couple that takes vitamins together, stays together
… okay, I don’t actually know if that’s true. Don’t come to me for giving me bad relationship advice! However, if there is one thing I know is that not feeling our best SUCKS and it seems to always come with the winter season. No one likes to feel that way, so keep healthy by both taking your Alive! Multivitamins by Nature’s Way.
Alive! Multivitamins formulate our two go-to multivitamins – one that is great for men, and one great for women because let’s face it, we need different things. These vitamins can help keep you and your partner healthy and happy all winter long by supporting energy, immunity and more.
Create a daily check-in with your partner
We often get so deep in the routine with our partner that we forget to check-in with how they really are doing. Experts recommend that couples have regular check-ins with their partners to ensure they’re happy and that there’s not something you (or they) can be doing to boost their mood or well-being. Here are some tips to get started with a regular check-in on your partner and your relationship:
- Start by appreciating something about each other
- Offer up new information from your day (doesn’t need to be something crazy)
- Ask them about something that has bothered or puzzled you
- Make a no-judgement, complaint-free request
- End with a hope (this can be small – it can be a suggestion to do something together later in the week, or it can be something wild and big you want for your future)
A date night kale pesto pasta recipe you’ll love
Get started with spending time with your partner tonight by whipping up this vegan recipe in the kitchen with them. This kale pesto pasta is super flavourful, easy to make, and a lot of fun to make with a nice glass of wine with your partner (or for yourself, or with a friend, or with your mom…).
This homemade pesto is made with lots of basil and walnuts. It’s vegan-friendly and is super multi-purpose so you can use it on any kind of pasta, drizzle it on a pizza, or whatever your little heart(s) desire. What I love about pesto as well is that you can actually freeze it. So you can make a big batch and save some for a busy night for dinner. However, this post is all about spending quality time together, so let’s make this kale pesto pasta fresh for date night ;)!
Other recipes to make for date night
- The Best Vegan Spaghitti
- A Sexy Chocolate Brownie Bundt Cake
- Brown Butter & Spice Sweet Potato Casserole
- Cream of Mushroom Pot Pies
- Crunchy Cauliflower Tacos (build-your-own tacos!)
- Grandma’s Vegan Pasta Sauce Recipe
I’m so curious about ways you stay happy, healthy, and connected with your partner during the holidays and through the harder months. Share below in the comments!
Date Night Kale Pesto Pasta
- 3/4 cup fresh basil discard stems
- 2 cups packed kale
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or hemp seeds
- 3 large cloves garlic rough chop
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water - add 1 tbsp. at a time
- To a food processor, add the basil, kale, walnuts or hemp seeds (or both), garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and blend until a paste/thicker consistency forms.
- While the processor is blending, stream in the olive oil, 1 tbsp at a time, and scrape down sides as needed. Then begin to add 1 tbsp. of water at a time until you reach your desired consistency. You want it to be pourable so it will incorporate well into pasta or so it can be used as a marinade.
- Adjust your sauce as needed or desired. More lemon for tang, more salt for enhanced flavour, more nutritional yeast for that thick, cheesy consistency and more nuts or seeds for that hearty, rich effect.
So easy to make and delicious! Thank you Maria for creating yet another amazing recipe!
You are so welcome, my friend!
This was so easy and quick to make! Love it
So glad you loved it Elisa!