Easy Marinated Olives
1 jar, 40 servings
Who else gets cravings for olives? Because I certainly do.
And this easy marinated olive recipe has it all – garlic, olive oil and a few other flavourful ingredients that make a delicious sauce that make olives the perfect appetizer or snack. I can promise – you will want to eat these straight out of the jar.
Why you will love these marinated olives
Easy – there are under ten ingredients and only two steps to this recipe. And once it is made – they are stored into a jar and last up to three to four months in the fridge. The hardest part will be trying not to eat all these marinated olives at once.
Flavour – Garlic and rosemary – need I say more? This recipe is super flavorful and takes the olives to the next level.
Adaptable – This recipe goes a long way. Once the olives are done marinating, the infused olive oil can be used like regular olive oil and is packed with flavour.
Garlic: It is no secret that I love garlic. And besides the flavour it brings to so many dishes, it has so many health benefits and is loaded with antioxidants. The perfect ingredient to bring these marinated olives to life.
Rosemary: Another ingredient that has a rich source of antioxidants to help boost the immune system! Rosemary is an herb that is very popular in Mediterranean dishes as it is known to be good for the brain.
How to make marinated olives
1. To a medium-large-sized saucepan/pot add all the ingredients and over low (do not boil) for around 30 – 40 minutes until olives are fragrant and tender.
2. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the olives, garlic, and lemon peel to a large jar and store for up to 3 – 4 months in the fridge.
Expert Tips & FAQ
Refrigerate the confit immediately once cooled. It will last between 2 – 3 weeks, but I’m sure you’ll finish it sooner. ☺
Add this beautiful olive confit to salads, pizza, dips, dressings, and sauces!
Don’t throw away the extra infused oil- be sure to use it for anything! Just like you would regular olive oil. It adds INCREDIBLE flavour.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Whipped Feta with Roasted Garlic, Red Pepper and Chili Olives
Delicious, Buttery Garlic Confit
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.
For more Greek Recipes:
For more amazing recipes:
Easy Marinated Olives
- 3 - 4 cups mixed olives
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 – 10 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 ½ cups olive oil
- Peel of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- To a medium-large-sized saucepan/pot add all of the ingredients and over low (do not boil) for around 30 – 40 minutes until olives are fragrant and tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the olives, garlic, and lemon peel to a large jar and store for up to 3 – 4 months in the fridge.