I teamed up with my friends at Simply Organic to bring you this delicious ginger snap crinkle cookies recipe that you’re going to be obsessed with this holiday season. Ginger snaps are a nostalgic cookie that is so perfectly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. This cookie screams Christmas and I am here for it.
Why you’ll love these ginger snap crinkle cookies:
- Quick: This easy recipe only takes 30-minutes to make from start to finish
- Nostalgic: Everyone has grown up with some version of ginger snap cookies, this brings on the nostalgia
- Spicy: Full of warming, holiday spices, these ginger snap crinkle cookies have the perfect amount of spice
Cinnamon: Everyone LOVES cinnamon. Especially at Christmas time. Cinnamon has an intense, sweet, and hot-cinnamon-candy-like flavor that is just so warming and comforting.
Ginger: Ground ginger has a potent flavor that’s warming, aromatic, earthy and spicy-sweet. Exactly what a good ginger snap needs.
Cloves: Simply Organic’s ground cloves are so potent and delicious for recipes. You get that pungent and warm flavor that tastes strong but bitter-sweet and spicy. It’s so perfect!
How to make ginger snap crinkle cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Into a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar.
3. Into a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt. Set aside.
4. In another large bowl, cream together butter and the ½ cup sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and molasses.
5. Sift half the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and blend well.
6. Roll dough into small balls then roll into cinnamon sugar.
7. Place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Cool completely on baking rack, and enjoy!
Full recipe available here
Expert Tips & FAQ:
What is a ginger snap? A popular cookie flavored with ginger and a variety of other spices like cinnamon, molasses, and cloves.
What makes the cookie crinkle? It’s kind of a long complicated answer that involves baking science, so if you want to learn more I found this helpful article to read.
Storage: Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Allow to come to room temperature or warm in the microwave slightly to serve.
Other cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Chocolate Brownie Whoopie Pie
- Brown Butter & White Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- Ferrero Rocher Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
For more eBooks:
If you want more deliciousness at the click of your finger, be sure to check out FoodByMaria’s Newest Mini Cookbooks. Limited time offer of 3 for $20USD.