Soup season is upon us. Who doesn’t crave a big bowl of warm, steaming soup as the weather starts to get colder? I know I for sure do. This Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup is creamy and delicious. It’s perfect to pair with your favorite sandwich or to devour on its own.
Why you’ll love this roasted tomato soup recipe:
- It can be made in under an hour
- It’s perfect for fall
- It’s plant-based
- It is creamy and healthy
- It can be made with only 5-ingredients
Why are tomatoes so good for you?
Tomatoes are so darn good for you. They contain a source of the antioxidant lycopene, which I know probably means nothing to you but all you need to know is that your body craves it as it has so many health benefits that help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Tomatoes also are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K. Red peppers are also a great source for vitamin C which is perfect for cold and flu season. Many people actually think oranges are the best source for the vitamin, but what they don’t know is that bell peppers actually have nearly three times more vitamin C in them than oranges do. Fun fact!
How do you make Roasted Tomato Soup?
This Roasted Tomato Soup recipe combines both tomatoes and red peppers for the perfect, creamy soup. The basil and garlic add a pop of flavor and it’s truly the most comforting bowl of soup you can make this fall. It’s also so simple and can be made with only five basic ingredients. Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat your oven and prepare your vegetables while it heats
- On a large baking sheet add all your ingredients apart from the olive oil, S&P, and then roast them for 30 minutes
- Once cool enough to touch, begin removing each garlic clove from the bulb and transfer them with the rest of the ingredients to a high-speed blender to blend for a minute until smooth
- Serve your roasted tomato soup recipe with sourdough, garlic croutons, and a few little drops of pesto
It’s that easy! No spending hours stirring over the stove. You can whip this roasted tomato soup recipe up and serve it up to your family in under an hour.
Expert Tips & FAQ:
Is it better to roast or boil tomatoes? I find roasting tomatoes gives them a nice earthy flavor that adds a lot to a soup recipe. Where boiling tomatoes doesn’t really give you that for the purpose of soup.
Does roasting tomatoes change the flavor? It’s different from a raw tomato, it has more flavor and less liquid per bite. It’s great for any dish where you want a strong tomato flavor but don’t want all the juices.
Do you peel tomatoes before roasting? It’s up to your preference. Peeling your tomatoes gives it more of a super smooth texture, but if you’re blending your soup then you will get this texture anyway so you might as well skip the extra step.
How long to roast tomatoes for soup? I roast my tomatoes for about 30 minutes to get the best flavor and consistency.
Other soup recipes you’ll love:
- Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Vegan Baked Potato Soup
- Vegetable Soup with Vegan Dumplings
- Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Creamy Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Easy Broccoli Soup Recipe
Roasted Tomato Soup (5 Ingredients + Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare vegetables and grab a large baking sheet.
- To a large baking sheet or sheet pan, add all your ingredients apart from the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast for 30 minutes. You don't need to check on it or anything. Simply roast and then remove from the oven.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to touch, begin removing each garlic clove from the bulb and transfer them with the rest of the roasted ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Serve with sourdough garlic croutons and a few little drops of pesto (highly recommended).